Skip to content

Match day thread: Newport

2»

Comments

• beat these teams ? they are a massively improved side on last season and only lost 1-0 at Exeter last week who will be up there this season even though they have sold there best players.

• Great control, 40yd run and shot from Beano!

• @rmjlondon said:
    beat these teams ? they are a massively improved side on last season and only lost 1-0 at Exeter last week who will be up there this season even though they have sold there best players.

so you think their stronger than us then ?

• @trevor said: so you think their stronger than us then ?

Their stronger what?

• their squad by the way i want talking to you

• "I want to talk to you" would be more correct.

• Umerah has one scuffed wide and another blocked. We look the better team now. Bean on was a good change.
    And a chance cleared off the line.

• Cms heads over from paris cross. Got up too early. The last 15 we have done enough to pinch it really.

• 0-0. El Abd MOM. Parallel universe...?

• edited September 2017

@trevor said: i want talking to you

You were posting on a forum so were talking to all forum viewers. (I assume want means wasn't)

• Football is a strange mistress. Seems like we played okay...a bit more luck required? I'm beginning to think footballers have good and bad days, sometimes are heroes and sometimes the worst player anyone has ever seen. Ever.

• Clean sheet is exactly what the doctor ordered, although we could have done with scoring!

A draw is a decent result without Akinfenwa.

• I thought we played well. CMS should have buried that chance. Akinfenwa would have done the business on them.

• A wise well informed shop worker once said: '...lets see how we look when Luton come on the 16th and give us a hiding.' That's 13th placed favourites Luton who lost 3 -0 today. Perhaps it's madness but I'm feeling reasonably optimistic.

• Decent display again. Newport look well organised and a threat out wide. First half their number 10 was a real bother and put Harriman under a lot of pressure, which he mostly dealt with well.

Good to get a clean sheet and we had to defend well, especially at the start of the second half. Having said that, in the first half really Newport should probably have scored, particularly after Brown flapped at a cross. Thankfully they could only head wide.

Second half we were the better side. It seemed like Paris and umerah were rotating between right wing and centre forward and we made the ball stick better. Last twenty minutes or so we were well on top and had the best chance of the match, which CMS somehow prodded wide.

Umerah did a decent job and put in a super cross for the aforementioned chance, which was missed. Eze also looked likely and clearly has good feet.

• First clean sheet, but a solid draw.
    Hopefully the Beast is recovered for at least the Luton game, with Mansfield midweek a bonus.

• I noticed in the last game that CMS and PCH seemed to be swopping sides all the time almost as if it was a tactic. Not sure I like the clean sheet if it means no goals...nice to have both.

• Decent performance but absolutely nothing ran for us at all...very little of the one touch football we have been getting used to though