Skip to content

Keeping an ear out...

2»

Comments

• My Corsa Vauxhall is the hate of refanement. Morris Itals and Austin Allegros are coarser.

• @micra said:
    My Corsa Vauxhall is the hate of refanement. Morris Itals and Austin Allegros are coarser.

I beg to differ

• Thought you might!

• @arnos_grove I am still considering whether or not to come up for that one unless it's sold out. 'Hello mum and dad..nice to see you...I'm off out to Rock City...'

• @Wendoverman it's not sold out yet. Of course you could head up early and 'enjoy' Britain's worst named band ever, The Pigeon Detectives, who are disgracing the venue the night before.

"She's so lavverrleeee"

Awful.

• @micra said:
    Thought you might!

• Impressive stats!

• @arnos_grove I think not...I have to ration my exposure to anything that irritates or alarms me on doctor's orders. Hence me starting to roll back my Gasroom intake.

• edited November 2017

I understand that the song is supposed to be played some time before kickoff this Saturday against Crawley. Any confirmations would be nice, and if anyone can capture some of it on their phone, I would be extremely grateful. I am hoping to see it on iFollow, which would be a very surreal Saturday breakfast experience here in Denver.

@Jonny_King will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the new issue of 'The Wanderer' comes out Saturday too, leading to the following tantalizing possible itinerary:

1 - Pick up your copy of 'The Wanderer' on the way to the ground.
    2 - Chortle at the witticisms and nod sagely at the ancient wisdom contained therein upon perusal.
    3 - Listen out for 'Wycombe Strong' before kickoff.
    4 - Sigh in relief when you hear it, knowing I will shut the hell up for a while now.
    5 - Watch another 3-3 draw.

• @Shev is indeed correct! Fanzines! Fanzines for everyone!*

*£1.50 per person.

• I take it my article on the collapse of the regime in Zimbabwe and it's implications arrived too late @Jonny_King ? My ears will be out @Shev

• @Wendoverman It's in, but my newly appointed editor-in-chief, Maj General Antibe has made a number of corrections to your article, which apparently was 'riddled with foolish lies and infested with the corruption of ignorance' or something like that.

• @Jonny_King oh dear house arrest for me again then? Looking forward to a pre-match read anyway.

• Any takers on hearing the song? If they did end up playing it, I am going to draw a highly debatable link between it being played and us finally keeping a clean sheet with the yellow shirt...

• I did not notice it myself @Shev but I am old and had me hood up which may have dulled my hearing

• Thanks for listening out anyway, @Wendoverman - I appreciate it. It was nice of my mate to try and get it played on my birthday, but I will settle for a 4-0 win if needed!