Skip to content

Comments

• I'm a vegetarian, and even I think the puns here really are smoking.

• Thanks again, @Vital.

• Btw - brilliant reporting from the Beeb, 'Rovers continued to bear gifts, as Liam Noble senselessly gave the ball away to Akinfenwa, who rumbled through on goal only for Russell to parry his shot and give Luke O'Nien an easy tap-in.' RUMBLED

• That's the same wording as on the Sky website. Looks like it's one reporter pushing it out to all outlets.

It's pretty accurate though.

• Except, watching the highlights repeatedly, Liam Noble didn't just give the ball away. Credit Bloomers, he hustled Noble and got a toe on the attempted pass. Thought Bloomers did really well today TBF.

• Bayo was like a lorry on an F1 track for that goal.

• FGR website - "Akinfenwa raced through on goal"!

• What an excellent report. Only slight quibble. - the marks for Harriman and Jacobson. Thought they both warranted 7. .And, for me, because he was so instrumental in the defensive improvement and scored a fine goal, 9 for Tools.
    But a great report and perfect punning.

• @micra 'tools'?

Don't you just love obscure early morning musings.

• Have only seen some our older fans using this "tools" nickname.

Seems to break all conventional nickname protocol. Ie being vaguely name related

• Pretty sure "Tools" has been used by the official Wycombe media before so must be his squad nickname. (Like Aaron Ramsey referring to Oxlade-Chamberlaine as "Shambles" the other day).

• edited September 2017

New one on me! Perhaps I'm more down with the yoof than I thought.

And sorry @micra - I thought it was an early morning predictive text thing

• I was talking to WWISC coach-guru Colin yesterday and he told me the rumour is Stewart fancies himself as a bit of a Mr Fixit and whenever something's broken he always has some little gadget or multitool on him ir in his car that can remedy the situation.

• edited September 2017

Just been watching the highlights, the push on El-Abd that leads to their goal is so blatant, I can't believe it wasn't spotted. He's in position to clear and their guy just shoves him out of the way. Incredible. Great performance all round apart from Scotty's heart stopping loss of concentration. I thought our fourth "goal" was the best of the lot.

• @bookertease said:
    New one on me! Perhaps I'm more down with the yoof than I thought.

And sorry micra - I thought it was an early morning predictive text thing

To be honest, I've known the nickname for several years but have been reluctant to use it because I wasn't sure if it had sensitive connotations.

• Indeed @Wig_and_Pen Ithink CMS is going to get a few this season.

• PS. I am indeed one of the older fans @Malone. Much older! I've not heard any of my fellow oldies use the nickname though.

• @Wig_and_Pen , suspected it was a foul at the time, mainly due to El Abd's lengthy protests after. Strange, as the ref have tonnes of minor nudges everywhere else, but not in such a critical situation.

Also a bit concerned that Brown seems to have a knack of ending up nowhere near the ball. Seen on at least one of those first half free kicks, on their goal, and even with that fumble that he managed to end up on the floor, leaving a gaping goal, only to be rescued by a hooked clearance.

Still... top 4, so we're looking pretty good, once the defence calms down!

• It is a foul on El-Abd, but for a fairly burly centre-half, you'd expect him not to drop to his knees so easily