Skip to content

Was it a red?

When Fred was through on goal, looked a red to me. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Turning point in the game for me. I was level with the incident and he has brought down for sure. No way would a striker go down there on purpose when he has a run on goal.

The PNLs would have been down to 10 and we'd have taken at least a draw.

• Looked 100% to me

• Officials bottled it.

• Definitely a red from my view behind the goal

• Fred was tugged back twice and a definite foul. Couple of other defenders around so maybe not a red card.

Whilst this decision might have changed the game we can't blame it on the defeat. Poor first 30 mins. Did anyone actually see the ref move from the centre circle? He was so far away from every clash.

• Red all day long. . through on goal pulled back

• Officials were as awful for Pierre's first half chop which was a debatable red too...

• The ref was at absolute pillock. Dreadful.

• Looked like a certain red to me. Would have been through on goal one on one and did you see that scumbag Hylton fall over and pretend he was almost dead just before their 3rd then leap up and chase the ball down before the cross. How about a free kick and booking for diving there? Mind you, woeful defending. Sorry but I gave up on 75 - couldn't bear the sight of happy scumbags from Poxford. Also.. The Wyc lad rightly got chucked out for running on the pitch but didn't see anyone from Poxford thrown out after their goals...Maybe Mr Howard needs to look at how nicely we treat the away fans. I saw 2 Poxford guys get in who had to hold each other up they were so pissed.!!!

• I was right in line with it, and it was a stonewall foul and sending off. Fred was clearly tripped (why would a striker go down of his own accord when clean through?) and the lad that tripped him was a good 3-4 yards ahead of their other two who were chasing back.

Officials bottled it today, Fred was also brought down 30 seconds before their 1st goal, yet nothing was given. Add to that the shameful diving and feigning injury by Oxford players, and the elbows in our faces which weren't given, one of the worst officiating performances I have seen in 15 years.

• You was well beaten by the better team on the day !

• Looked like he was clean through..ref was shocking for both sides and lacked bottle to do anything. .Certainly was a foul but unsure if red.

• @spiritof86 said:
    You was well beaten by the better team on the day !

Think u played as good as u can and we was very poor and still scored 2.

• I wouldn't say we were well beaten, however Oxford were the better team on the day and deserved the spoils. Wycombe had a rare piss poor day, ( we've had some not so good days, but this one was really piss poor!). Enjoy your moment, probably got enough of a gap to relax for the rest of the season. With a bit of luck we won't be playing you next season, nothing personal!

• It was our best performance of the season , good luck for the rest of the season

• Absolute certain red - Fred was brought down by the last defender.

• I'd agree the ref was just a bit of a bottler. Several fouls warranted a card but none was forthcoming. A real plonker.

• the same ref showed barnet players 2 reds against us in the FA Cup I doubt he lacks bottle. I think the lino needed to help him out on the fred one.

• Like Lloyd2084 said there was no reason for Fred to go down and he's not that sort of player. The last Oxford defender clearly wrestled him back and should have been sent off. The referee bottled it, in keeping with his spineless performance.

• officials were poor even fourth official could not work digital display board .but oxford did to us what we have done all season pressed hard and pressed high.good luck to them better than us on the day onto burton also we play so much better away .think we will get somthing on monday.COYBS.