Skip to content

Loanees on Saturday

Put this one in the pointless speculation category:

So how many of Eze, Scarr and Umerah do we think might make the eleven tomorrow?

As a starting point, I assume that their home clubs ask for a reasonable amount of game time to build experience, even if they might accept that they won't realistically be good enough to start every game. The preview on the club 'site names all three in the introduction and says that Eze and Scarr are in contention for debuts (Umerah having debuted on Tuesday).

I'd be surprised if Umerah currently merited being seen as part of the best front three. If Eze is really rated as a creative midfielder, might he be a suitable replacement for Sam? If Scarr comes in, at whose expense? That last one is the one that particularly interests me. On form, it would have to be El Abd dropping to the bench, no? Is that a move that Gareth is willing to make this week or does El Abd get at least one more chance? I fancy the latter but will be every interested to see who runs out tomorrow. Really looking forward to the game. Hooray!

Comments

• I'd be quite surprised I any of them came straight in.

After a decent (if far from faultless) start to the season any of the current 11 would be rightly disappointed if a young loanee came straight in and started ahead of them.

• I wonder if GA regrets naming El Abd as captain, certainly seems a strange move considering his recent arrival and the amount of players already at the squad who I consider better leaders. I'm hoping it's a straight swap Scarr for El Inept but I doubt GA has the plums

• There isn't a problem with El Abd as captain. If GA decides he isn't good enough he'll just not pick him. We worry far too much about who is or isn't captain. When Hayes was captain he was picked on merit until his legs went when GA picked him more in hope rather than expectation and the knowledge that when it really mattered he could usually be relied on.

El-Abd has had 1 game with his likely main partner and for most of that he looked fine albeit somewhat slower than I'd like to see. It is right that he is given time to try and develop that partnership.

By October if it is apparent that El-Abd isn't up to it any more - and we have fit alternatives, then I have no doubt he'll be dropped.

(I must admit though I just don't think he has the pace required any more, so I'm not putting any money on him for player of the season).

• Is there a limit on the number of loanees allowed in a match day squad?

• I'm hoping Scarr starts alongside Stewart, but don't think it will happen tbh. Not a loanee but I also want CMS to start tomorrow, hes looked good when I've seen him

• With Saunders out the only midfielder we've had on the bench has been Bean. While he's fine in the stopper/disruptive role he's hardly a forward thinking, attack minded player.

I'd say it's likely we'll see Eze at some point tomorrow, either replacing Bloomfield in the starting XI or coming on for him with 20 mins left.

• He won't drop El-Abd although he deserves to be dropped. Maybe one of the loaners can do a shift between the sticks?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    He won't drop El-Abd although he deserves to be dropped. Maybe one of the loaners can do a shift between the sticks?

I thought you said 'one of the moaners'. Plenty to choose from.

• I'd let el abd go........ainsworth won't tho he'll keep him starting every game "because he's a leader and vocal".....hes also a very shit footballer.

• I'm not sure many very shit footballers have spent their entire career at the level AE-A has!

• I'm sure he was a good footballer, but he ain't now that's for sure

• If you say so.

• And ainsworth is a prat for making him captain when he's a got a nature leader in the beast, making him captain before he had played was a huge mistake and it's backfiring as he has simply not been up to it and ainsworth seems stubborn and has never came out saying he's made a mistake so El abd will play no matter what. I hope I'm wrong

• We will probably go and keep a clean sheet today......coyb

• Bad hangover, @bigred87?

• @bigred87 said: "And ainsworth is a prat for making him captain when he's a got a nature leader in the beast, making him captain before he had played was a huge mistake and it's backfiring as he has simply not been up to it and ainsworth seems stubborn and has never came out saying he's made a mistake so El abd will play no matter what. I hope I'm wrong"

Why resort to insulting GA as an opening line, in fact why resort to insult at all. Dilutes your viewpoint before we go on to the rest of your badly written piece. Does that make you a prat for every mistake you have made, as that wouldn't show you in a very good light at all!

• A nature leader.... I really should read through my posts before posting........

• And my point was that ainsworth seems very stubborn I.e the formation, late subs etc...so I hope el abd ups his game a bit because I can't see him being dropped as he's our captain

• I'd have given the captaincy to JJ who rarely lets us down not to a new player who Shrews fans were glad to see the back of as he was dropped last season because of poor performances.

• What an awful signing he has been....no idea how he os professional football player, slow, short and poor positioning...#bringscarin

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    What an awful signing he has been....no idea how he os professional football player, slow, short and poor positioning...#bringscarin

Of course, you said much the same about Scott Kashket. What a complete clown of a man you are.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Of course, you said much the same about Scott Kashket. What a complete clown of a man you are.

The only clown on here is you, you are a cretim who just wants to marry GA...have an opion you boring git

• Booked after 2 mins hahah bring back luke oliver pleaee!

• @Wwfc2015_ said:

Here's a few for you. You are the most colossal twat on this message board, if not Buckinghamshire as a whole. Yes. Even worse than Richie. An absolute embarrassment of a human being with the intelligence of a dead bluebottle.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Here's a few for you. You are the most colossal twat on this message board, if not Buckinghamshire as a wholeYes. Even worse than Richie. An absolute embarrassment of a human being with the intelligence of a dead bluebottle.

Hahah grow up you ugly cretin. You have no idea who i am as a a human...i cam guarantee that i am more successful in life than you. I would happlily meet face to face to make my point you troll.

• @Wwfc2015_ we're actually second in the live league at the moment. Anything positive to say? Are you capable? It doesn't even need to be spelt correctly.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Wwfc2015_ we're actually second in the live league at the moment. Anything positive to say? Are you capable? It doesn't even need to be spelt correctly.

3rd get it rigjt you cretin.

• Tbf we are playing brilliant today...best we have played at home for yonks