Skip to content

Ingram to Northampton on season long loan

As only one division up and with Justin Edinburgh being fired today, can't help thinking we've missed a trick here..unless it was wages?

Comments

• its not happened.

• Err yes it has.

• why the hell would we want a keeper back who was here before and wasn't that good and was biggd up by GA so much so he has played about 5 games in 2 years.

• he hasn't come back to us. he has gone to a higher league club.

• @rmjlondon oh dear, i think you've over trolled that a bit richie boy. Even for you.

• nah never rated him either, Martin Taylor is the best goalkeeper this club has ever had and I wonder if that will ever be trumped.

• Unquestionably, it would be wages. And of course we'd have him back if he was available. @Wendoverman has it right about Richie's contribution.

• you think ? we already have a deal in place for a far better keeper than Matt Ingram so your wrong as per.

• Or perhaps QPR/he would rather him playing at a new club in a higher division.

• Ian Holloway knows the game and already lent us a player this week, Im sure if we wanted Matt Ingram it would have been discussed.

• Ingram is better off getting experience at a higher level and with a new set of players, coaches and a new environment than he would be at Wycombe where he has little left to learn.

• Apart from the excitement of playing in front of the leakiest defence he's probably ever come across, that would be...

At least for now. I'm confidently predicting a 0-0 draw on Saturday.

• @rmjlondon one minute you are inside the tent with lashings of information that no-one else can ever know like you know...next minute you are surmising what has or has not been discussed along with the rest of us. And your over the top trolling about Ingram was edging towards the mental...you've been doing so well lately...

• Agree with @Chris a return to Wycombe from a Championship club would look like a retrograde step career-wise (if not time on the pitch-wise). The management team has not changed so little extra 'experience' to be gained from the coaching set-up.

• @rmjlondon new depths of bitterness. Crosses aside, Ingram was a great keeper for us, a product of the academy and born and bred Wycombe. Saying you never rated him is your opinion and I respect that, but a view in the minority I am sure. One minute you have a constructive view, the next you spout utter garbage. Funny old Game.

• I agree with Chris. There's also the issue of us having a smaller collective of defenders now than when Ingram was last here - given the problems with Scott Brown have generally been with him not leaving his line, it wouldn't necessarily make sense to sign another keeper who shared that weak spot?

• There was a large camp on here banging on about Ingram becoming a premiership and even England keeper.
    Totally ignoring his obvious weakness on crosses, and his not over impressive kicking ability.

• not even championship standard imho.

• @rmjlondon said:
    you think ? we already have a deal in place for a far better keeper than Matt Ingram so your wrong as per.

How's this coming along Richie?

• Doesn't it get boring reading crap.......

• still time and were not done yet

• I believe....

• @rmjlondon you really don't have a good record on goalkeeper predictions do you?

• Or non-goalkeeper ones.

• Chris u dont even to to games hardly so shut up

• I've never to toed a game in my life.

• Whatever u fat loser

• Now now children.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Whatever u fat loser

Careful Richie, or your face might change again...

• yes Jimmy Saville how appropriate a picture to use - some people have no respect considering the amount of peoples lives he wrecked !!! this is a football forum which is mostly full of bollocks or highjacked threads