Skip to content

New signing incoming

Comments

• Some exceptional Richie-ese in this thread. Complains about the treatment of Hayes then labels him "woeful" in the very same sentence!!!

• No question he got his Cert in the summer

• There is a long list of Charlton Academy staff on their website, even down to drivers

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/the-academy

There is an Anthony Hayes (relation?) and a Jonny Dixon (may or may not be same one)as well come to that. But no Paul Hayes.

So unclear for me extent of any coaching Paul Hayes does at Charlton. Nonetheless possible whatever links he does have may have been instrumental in bringing this lad in.

• Interesting stuff, but back to the question, why would he lie about it?

• Talking of people who have been woeful for a while but whose past performance demands selection, when, oh when is the manager going to give Cyrille Regis the respect he's earned? He may have slowed down a bit, so he won't be a wide option, but he knows where the goal is and could do a job when Bayo needs a rest.

• And Donald Trump. Agreed, has been woeful for a very long time indeed but he's goal-oriented and has no pace.

• And me. I'm those things, too.

• Except goal-oriented.

• Obvious dichotomy between Paul Hayes twitter and Charlton website. I don't know the cause which is why I used the word IF.

Loads of possibilities, perhaps he does a bit of causal work occasionally, especially if the Anthony Hayes is a relation, perhaps he needed to do a bit at a third party club to get his UEFA badge, perhaps he does something over the summer, perhaps Charlton website has not been updated. Cant tell you I am afraid Eric.

• I reckon if he says he's an academy coach at Charlton, then he is

I'd feel like a bit of a knob casting doubt upon it to be honest

• @HCblue I've also been woeful for a very long time...which is why I have lied consistently about being a football coach, having insider information about transfers and being able to string a sentence together.

• Thanks for the feedback Eric. I always find personal attacks so fascinating.

I reckon if Charlton say he isn't an academy coach that casts some doubt on the matter.

Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle as I alluded to above.

The key point before you spied your opportunity to abuse is that IF Hayes spends significant time at Charlton, the contacts he has made there may well have facilitate this loan.

• I see from Wikipedia Josh Umerah lives in Catford, which is just down the road from Akinfenwa. If he knew Tyson from Kilmarnock, Hayes from Charlton and Bayo from kickabouts in the local park, maybe it was destiny he'd end up on loan at Wycombe.

• Could be part of the Ivor Beeks masterplan to move us to Fisher Athletic. Think of all the scope for developing he could do round there and no long journeys round the M25 for the players

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub
    Gary Toll ripping up trees ? Good grief he could barely raise enough engery or enthusiam to rip a page out of a telephone directory.

• @devc said:
    I reckon if Charlton say he isn't an academy coach that casts some doubt on the matter.

I wasn't aware they'd actually come out and said he isn't a coach there.

Of course, omission of a statement is not confirmation of the opposite. Otherwise the fact that Charlton haven't come forward and individually let us all know that Paul Hayes is NOT a coach there, would then mean he is. He's like Schrödinger's coach.

• Come to think of it, Charlton have never said that I'm not a coach there. So maybe I am and just haven't noticed.

• @drcongo said:
    Of course, omission of a statement is not confirmation of the opposite. Otherwise the fact that Charlton haven't come forward and individually let us all know that Paul Hayes is NOT a coach there, would then mean he is. He's like Schrödinger's coach.

Some of the posts here remind me of the double slit experiment

• How much gubbins does Richie have to make up to finally get booted off here? Tedious and always wrong. And never admits it when it doesn't happen

Where's that playoff keeper.
    No idea CMS was coming in, then adamant he was the last signing. Just for some quick examples.

@Wendoverman , Hayes more immobile than Bayo! Made me laugh. Literally the final straw!

• Literally an idiom?

• @bookertease said:
    Could be part of the Ivor Beeks masterplan to move us to Fisher Athletic. Think of all the scope for developing he could do round there and no long journeys round the M25 for the players

This sounds promising

• Have a feeling that when you take your UEFA A Licence you have to be affiliated to a professional club to carry out the necessary player coaching. Even if he isn't anymore, Hayes may well have been a 'coach' at Charlton for a time.

• @Malone Sonds like you build up hopes in someone only to have them dashed before believing again and now want them out of your life.. perhaps you are in fact in love!

• @ChasHarps I seem to remember him being unplayable one night against Windsor when we won 11-0. He was not the most athletic player I must admit

• @NorsQuarters , I don't think I've ever believed any of his nonsense in fairness.

I can only remember being tipped off by someone close to the running of things before a signing happened. It's a smug feeling, so i can understand why Richie wants to depict himself as such. Just he doesn't ever know anything coming!

• I've come to find richie wrongness quite entertaining

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub
    Gary Toll had departed about 5 years before that Windsor thrashing.
    I have never heard the words Gary Toll and unplayable mentioned in the same breath.

• If it was the B&B Cup game in January 1987 Windsor did actually manage to score a goal. 11-1 to us in the season we won it, beating Aylesbury 3-2 in the final (at Wolverton was it?).

• is that the final when there was trouble with CS gas involved?

• I was at the final. Don't recall the CS gas though. My Gary Toll memories are clearly askew. He had a brother who played for us too didn't he