Skip to content

Peter Murphy

Can anyone explain what's happened to Peter Murphy? He was flying first half of the season and arguably our standout player then all of s sudden he's on the bench every game and not getting a look in? Head scratcher n el.

Comments

• It's no mystery. He had a great 1st half of the season, but has struggled for form since the New Year and coupled with Bloomfield's recent performances, he's not really had much of a look in. He's a very good player though and will continue to be important. He may well still have a role to play this season.

• I appreciate what you are saying but Peter was captain towards the end of 2014 and had his best game in a Wycombe shirt against York City and without reason he was left out the side and continues to be left out the side, I think he will be moving up a league next year I just hope for our sake it's with Wycombe and not another club because he is a quality player.

• Murphy is 4th choice captain. He was only captain as Hayes, Blooms and Craig where unavailable.

Murphy no longer looks interested. Warming up he looks uninterested. During the game I see players warming up on the touchline, I never see Murphy warming up out of his own interest.

Also, the chances he has been given since being out of the team he has failed to impress.

I think Murphy is a great player and showed his potential before Christmas but having not scored since November 1st (Oxford away) I think it is the correct decision not to play him.

• I think all the above is rubbish, Gareth rates him highly but the team is better balanced in this format. He will get his chance again. Besides that he is contracted to 2016.

• Whatever is going on, Chairs boys Media team, certainly keep tabs on this forum to gauge fans views and opinions, which I think is very good as a few WW official articles seem to have followed on from Gasroom forums threads.

In regards to Murphy, I can't see him playing in the Chairboys colours next season. You can tell from his temperament, Murphy aint a happy Easter bunny.