Skip to content

Comments

• Wow! Can't wait to visit there.

• @HCblue perhaps we should all wear underwired bras

• One of those situations where a polite but firm no will suffice. Private security say a lot of things but rarely can they actually do it.

• @bookertease . I love that idea!

• I dare say some of our more seedy fans would quite like being frisked to that level!

• It's on the BBC website too now.

• Joking aside, that is truly shocking. Whoever sanctioned that has some serious explaining to do.

Somehow I suspect this policy will have been dropped by the time we visit the Lamex, but just in case it might be worth checking what rights supporters have in this kind of situation.

• The fact that its leading on BBC website suggests that that security firm may not be doing Stevenage games again. at least without an overhaul of personnel.

But it really is shocking. I would have called the police over straight away, but its easy to say that after the event

• LX1LX1
    edited August 2017

Always thought Grimsby have a very well organised fan voice. Boycotting the checkatrade whilst raising money for charity, protesting against franchise at Wembley a few years back, those t shirts 'Franchise football, never forgive, never forget,' always well represented at England matches. It's a pity more clubs' fans in this country aren't like that.

• Not wishing to detract from the seriousness of it, but this from the letter made me smile:

It is our view that the treatment of Grimsby supporters by your stewards was amongst the worst our fans have experienced in decades of travelling across the world to watch football.

I hadn't been aware that Grimsby had played all over the world

• LX1LX1
    edited August 2017

I guess that refers to my point about England above. Many of their trust members regularly travel abroad with England, and will have experienced varying standards of stewarding

• Unless fans were being segregated on sexual grounds...and at the risk of sounding sexist...seems strange that menfolk in attendance did not raise objections to womenfolk having to lift their clothes. And women in the toilets is just mad. Love to know how the Boro explain that one.

• Grimsby used to play in the Anglo Italian cup

• We were sorry to hear that you felt your matchday experience was spoiled by the security measures we have in place at The Lamex Stadium. I'm sure you can appreciate that supporter safety is a high priority for us, but more importantly you must understand that all of us here at Stevenage Football Club are a bunch of raging perverts, who love nothing more than checking out what bra you've got on, especially when it comes to seventy-year-old women who have just spent three sweaty hours on a coach down from Grimsby.

I hope you will understand that Cynthia, one of our best and most experienced stewards, really gets off on watching people piss and as a club that prides itself on accommodating the needs of our employees, we felt it necessary to give her a prime posting in the mens toilets, a position that, let me assure you, was greatly sought after among our highly trained team of deviant sex criminals.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, we would like to invite you for a meeting with our head of security, Jim 'Wandering Hands' Harrison. He has agreed to meet with you, on the understanding that you do not wear any pants and on completion of the meeting will allow him to paddle you silly.

Yours sincerely
    Mr Dom Inatrix

• It will be the same when we play there given that we also have a reputation for pyrotechnics being smuggled into away grounds.

• If they succeeded in getting to my wife's bra, they would discover a vibrating object. - her mobile phone. (She's a bit mutton, bless her.)

• When do you even get stewards in the toilets anyway?
    Let alone strangely picking a woman in the men's one.

This and other bits are causing outrage as it is, imagine some sleazy weasel male steward hanging about the women's toilets!

• On the bright side, they are an equal opportunity employer.