Skip to content

Local sides in FA Cup action this week-end

If you're interested in seeing how local sides are progressing in the FA Cup, here is a list of games in the Preliminary Round this Saturday (+ 2 on Sunday). As Wycombe are without a midweek game there may be a chance of a replay or two to catch:

SATURDAY GAMES:

Chalfont St Peter v Beaconsfield Town
Uxbridge v Thame United
Flackwell Heath v Didcot Town
Aylesbury FC v Cirencester Town
Leverstock Green v Aylesbury United
Cockfosters v Holmer Green

SUNDAY GAMES (3PM):

Highworth Town v Marlow
(Highworth groundshare with the cricket club)

Crawley Green v Berkhamsted FC
(Crawley Green groundshare at Barton Rovers)

Comments

• Would be great if one of these size of clubs could make it through to the 1st rd proper and be drawn at home to the mighty Wanderers. Personally I am hoping that club could be Tavistock town but I recognise that may be a very minority view.

• Thame Utd for me.

• A mixed bag of results for local sides in the FA Cup today:

Aylesbury FC 2 Cirencester Town 1
    Cockfosters 3 Holmer Green 0
    Chalfont St Peter 2 Beaconsfield Town 2
    Flackwell Heath 1 Didcot Town 2
    Leverstock Green 1 Aylesbury United 1
    Uxbridge 0 Thame United 4

REPLAYS:

Monday:
    Beaconsfield Town v Chalfont St Peter

Wednesday:
    Aylesbury United v Leverstock Green
    (at Chesham United FC)

• Might have a wander along to the Beaconsfield game since I originate from the Chalfonts & wife + kids are away for a few days.

• Today's results:

Crawley Green 2 Berkhamsted 3
    Highworth Town 2 Marlow 3
    (2 Marlow players sent off after the final whistle for fighting each other)

Replays this week:

MONDAY (7.45):

Beaconsfield Town v Chalfont St Peter

WEDNESDAY (7.45):

Aylesbury United v Leverstock Green
    (Being played at Chesham United FC)

• Not local, but I went to Littlehampton Town 3-2 Eastbourne United. Hosts were two down on the hour, but two goals in a couple of minutes turned the game around before they got a late winner.

Littlehampton is the birthplace of Ronnie Barker as well as former Wycombe manager Paul Bence

• Crawley Green 2-3 Berkhamsted. The two Spartan South Midlands Premier sides met at the pleasant Barton Rovers ground, where Crawley First Team play their games because their home ground has no floodlights. Berko quickly dominated with their fast wing play, were two up in 25 minutes, and should have been four up at half time, but had to settle for a two goal lead.

Crawley quickly got a goal back after the break and were now matching their opponents, equalising on 66 minutes before Berko got the winning goal, a penalty two minutes later. More chances followed for both sides, the visitors hitting the crossbar twice and needlessly having a man sent off, a second booking, for kicking the ball away.

The remarkable parallel with the Notts County game didn’t quite produce that 4-2 scoreline but it was an entertaining game played in front of 76. Ashley Morrisey, Berkhamsted's tricky left winger, scored the opening goal, a skillful piece of dribbling and finishing, and impressed throughout. His team pick up £1925, to go with their £1500 EPR cheque.

• From the report on Highworth Town web site:

AFTER the final whistle there were disgraceful scenes on the pitch as Marlow players Kelvin Bossman and Kameron English got involved with each other and were both shown red cards. The referee's report indicating spitting and a head butt were his reasons for the dismissals. Given 6 cautions for Marlow as well this could be an expensive day in both monetary and suspension terms.