Skip to content

Striker being announced at 1pm

13»

Comments

• Can see Hayes going on loan for a month to get some games.

• To be fair to Hayes he saved his best performances for the cup games last season - I remember him having a decent game in the thumping of Chesterfield as well as aylt WHL, for example. This is where we can expect to see him this season I think - helps lift the load off Bayo as well.

Longer term I'm sure there is a coaching role and possible manager role being lined up. I've always thought that Bloomfield is the more likely candidate out of the two to be our next manager but that relies on Ainsworth being around for a couple more years yet. I believe Matty did his badges a few years back though.

• @Alexo i think in games where Plan A isn't working. Lincoln for example. They had Bayo in their pocket all game and second half their defence could relax. I know it didn't work that time (we were just too poor and he was brought on probably too late) but sometimes he'll be the right choice. But if we're lucky with injuries I do tend to agree with your general point and he probably won't get much game time.

• @MindlessDrugHoover oh. I only had him down for 2 in that game. I've got his other one marked down as Brizzle in the checkatrade

• @Last_Quarter I agree that whilst Hayes has been long tipped to take a coaching role at the club, I've always seen Blooms as the more likely candidate. Hayes was probably lucky to sign a 2 year deal in 2016, as otherwise he could well have gone this summer. My prediction is Hayes will go and Bloomfield will be retained as player/coach.

• @James I dont think it will be a mid table finish. I think we will finish top 3 If we get lucky with injuries or playoffs if not. I think cms is an awesome signing. I was just wondering what will happen if things go tits up. I don't think for a min that ga will be pushed as someone else pointed out but what if he felt it was time to move on? I'm sure plenty of clubs would love to have him on board. He may feel he has been held back with limited budget. Having said that. What awesome signings that man has brought us on our "bottom 6 budget".
    Let's all prey cms becomes our next Sean Devine!!!

• Ainsworth is so far two out of two this season in the "We'll have him as our next manager" stakes on opposing fan sites after league games.

• Ga tried to sign him before he signed for Luton but couldn't compete he was on 5000 a week.

• Southwell works his arse off you need that sort of player as an option if you're defending a slim lead he also came within a nats of scoring

• It's a decent signing for sure, though I think we could have done with strengthening elsewhere, like wingers. Though it looks as if GA is determined to play narrow, only other concern is the ever increasing age of the squad

• The squad is reasonably well balanced age wise, but the first team is getting rather old. One loan signing away from strong possibility that at some stage this season we will field an all over 30 starting 11 - Brown, Jombati, El Abd, XXX, Jacobsen, Bean, Saunders, Bloomfield, Tyson, Akinfenwa, CMS. Spring chicken of Hayes to come off the bench.

I wonder if that has ever happened before.................

• I assume with @rmjlondon 's professed knowledge about what players are 'on' someone keeps leaving the finance officer's office key lying about.

• He's got every player's wage scratched into the handle of his club-issue mop.

• More like the club issue bog brush!

• Plus all contract details embossed into the clubs' executive @rse paper.

• All this talk of the squad, when was the last time we had so few loanees in he first team?

• Should be a good thing in theory.