Skip to content

A feast of local midweek football coming up

This coming week there are lots of local games on if you fancy a nice evening out in the fresh air. With no Wycombe game there's plenty to see.

When Flackwell Heath brought forward their FA Cup-tie with Burnham to the Friday night their usual 50/60 crowd swelled to over 200. I'm sure the local clubs would appreciate a similar response this coming week. Games on:

MONDAY 14TH AUGUST (7.45):

National League South:

Wealdstone v Haven't & Waterlooville

Southern League Div One East:

Beaconsfield Town v Hartley Wintney

TUESDAY 15TH AUGUST:

National League North:

Brackley Town v Nuneaton Town

National League South:

Hemel Hempstead v Hampton & Rich
Oxford City v Hungerford Town

Southern League Premier Division:

Chesham United v Banbury United

Southern League Div One East:

Aylesbury FC v Cambridge City
Marlow v Hayes & Yeading United

Spartan South Midlands Premier Div:

Holmer Green v Berkhamsted FC

If you go to any of these games please post a little report on here for the interest of others. Have fun!

Comments

• Add another to your list Andy, Spartan South Midlands Division One, Risborough Rangers v Buckingham Athletic, 7.45pm. They have a very good set up at Windsors for a step 6 outfit and is frequented by quite a few fellow Chairboys fans when Wycombe are away.

• Oxford City v Hungerford for me. Court Place Farm has had a bit of a makeover during the summer so it'll be interesting to see what it looks like now

• I see Jeffersoon Louis scored for his latest club Banbury yesterday, his 34th different club and 38th transfer.

• Good call, Kimble Blue...I will be there on Tuesday

• I'll also throw in on Tuesday, Thame Utd v AFC Rushden & Diamonds in Southern East, first home game back in Southern since 2005-6

• I will be at Aylesbury fc v Cambridge City

• A tad further afield for me, Crawley Down Gatwick v Lancing

• Very decent game at Oxford City tonight where the Hoops beat Hungerford 2-0 in a very hard fought match. Both striker Ezra Ford and particularly midfielder Zack McEachran look very promising young talents, the latter the only player on the pitch who seemed willing and able to take players on and has a hell of a turn on him. City's ground has recently been spruced up and a new seated stand added. Had a 3/4 floodlight failure 5 minutes before half time but it was light enough to carry on to the break when they were fixed. City have a new 3G pitch, which I imagine will help with postponements - that part of Oxford doesn't drain well when it rains.

• Holmer Green 0-3 Berkhamsted, Spartan South Midlands Premier

The Greens have had a good start to the season, an FA Cup and League win, but a dominant display by the Comrades made it two league wins out of two, as well as that amazing 12-1 FA Cup win at Stotfold. First half goals from Ashley Morrisey and Stacey Field, and a second from Field right at the end of game, was a fair reflection of the game.

The Greens struggled with the power and pace of Berko, who were very sharp and first to the ball. They like to get the ball forward quickly, down the wings and all three goals came from crosses. Experienced manager Steve Bateman was a very good appointment for Berko in the summer, which make them a good outside bet for the one promotion spot. There were about 70 at Watchet Lane.

• Risborough Rangers 3-1 Buckingham Athletic, attendance given as 91