Skip to content

To the few anti gasroom idiots at Port Vale

Comments

• @aloysius said:
    micra do you know him personally? If not, what makes you so definite?

I'm not aware of knowing him personally. But that's the trouble with the Gasroom. Hard to believe that it's 100% male, for example. How many people know that I was one of the original Tiller girls? From posts over the past couple of years, I seem to recall that the lad is a family man with two daughters. His dad is still alive etc.

• Nothing wrong with having a few drinks and being a bit worse for wear, but trying to intimidate or threaten people, however unconvincingly, is obviously crossing the line and I can't believe anyone would need that pointing out to them.

• You were a Tiller girl too, @micra? What are the chances of that?

• @micra You knew John Tiller in 1890 !!

• my german mother in law (angela) actually was a tiller girl back in the day.

She was fondly known to one and all as A. Tiller the Hun

• One from your Merkey past, Dev?

• @HCblue, @wformation : I used to be a keen gardener in my Tiller days (1960s); in more recent times, i have taken on cooking duties. I have become a Pans Person.

• Dearth of discussion about football on here; things must be going well.

• There is much to tell from my "Merky" past, Micra, indeed some would say that my helmut was never Kohld, but I think that gossip may be a little too hot for this forum.

• "Heil Hornet" was often the greeting salute to Mr DevC.

• edited August 2017

I cannot believe a self-styled 'wordsmith' who claimed he got the nut laid on simply for saying: 'I say Mr Pierre, I fear your performance today was sub-par...' would shout ''f****** gypsy c***' at his own manager. Perhaps @clifty04 Mr Clift can review and let us know if that was the case...

• If anyone was using that kind of language then they should be banned. Gypsy is a racist insult.

• @micra may I gently suggest to you that not everything you read from anonymous accounts on a message board will be correct? For example I am neither called Aloysius nor am I a light-and-dark blue teddy bear in real life.

For that reason I am highly dubious that WycombeLad has a 95-year-old father and two children in primary school - as (s)he's previously stated on separate occasions. Especially as he has the grammar and sentence formation skills of a teenager and only ever posts about how beastly the youth supporters are to other Wycombe fans.

Maybe I'm overly cynical; maybe you're overly naive. I guess the beauty of an anonymous message board is we'll never really know.

• @aloysius some people were there and heard and saw similar things it seems. Don't think they are all imaginary. Or teenagers baiting old people...unless everyone on here is a teenager baiting old people. (Which I might be...)

• "For example I am neither called Aloysius nor am I a light-and-dark blue teddy bear in real life."

Say it isn't so!!

• On the back of a really good win with some excellent performances I nominate this thread as the most depressing of 2017

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub Early days yet matey...do you not know the Gasroom?

• edited August 2017

Disappointed to hear that the kid who got his comeuppance with the Pierre headbutt and widespread condemnation, is still acting like an absolute moron, and has seemingly learnt nothing.

Did "connor" really say it's ok to be drunk at games? Drunk is out of control, and who wants to be around that kind of person?

Oh he didn't clap you first, he clapped the other team. Oh no! Pathetic stuff.

The beauty with home games is you can choose 2 other stands to avoid these halfwits. At away games you have the lotto that you'll be near them, even if you get there early and purposely stay away from the back

• It really shouldn't be too much to ask to be able to go to a game without being verbally abused and physically threatened your fellow supporters. This isn't about gasroom v Facebook or old v young, this is about decent human behavior.

• @Aloysius: I've always had you down as one of the more intelligent, articulate posters on the Gasroom. If you've been patronising in the past, I've not noticed it. I think you'll find that @wycombelad has posted on other topics but I must have missed the one where he talks about a 95 year old father.

You are probably right about my naivety; I gained the impression that the "lad" was a middle-aged man who, to maintain the condescending tone of your post of 2.42pm, had not received the benefit of the kind of education that I imagine you enjoyed.

I must be careful in future not to be taken in by these youngsters with their sub-standard grammar and sentence formation skills.

• To be fair if it was the wordsmith (CFC and WWFC) I think he's one of those true fans for whom a win for a Gareth Ainsworth team is a disappointing experience that only shouting ''f****** gypsy c***' at him can assuage.

• After reading this I looked at newsnow.co.uk and found this article!

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/some-away-fans-have-behaved-disgracefully-at-port-vale-says-ally-simcock/story-30481210-detail/story.html

SPOILER ALERT

Thankfully the article in no way referred to Wycombe fans and it was all about their warnings from the FA last season.

I remember there even being some racist slurs by Wycombe fans at a match I attended two seasons ago. There is really no place for this and it should be stamped out, either by direct (verbal) confrontation or by letting the stewards know.

Love Wycombe, hate racists/ hooligans

• I once reported a Wycombe "fan" for racist abuse on the home terrace. Stewards did nothing.

• That is sad @drcongo Should be taken seriously as it has no place in the game or on the terraces. Good on you for taking the time to report him though.

• edited August 2017

It's quite a difficult one to enforce though isn't it? Unless it's repeated constantly, met with mass annoyance by all and super obvious from everyone who it is coming from, you're relying on our stewards, typically a bunch of kids, or middle aged plodders with zero physicality, to 1)take your word, and 2)do the less than easy job of wading into a bunch of goons with their mates and take them out.

• I have to say that I started this thread not to debate how old I am or to try and question my character but to highlight the total disputable behaviour of a few, I would also like to add that this behaviour came from 3 individuals, shouting abuse and signing at Ainsworth after a great away win and verbally attacking anyone who dared look at them, on particularly guy in a cap was being overly aggressive to anyone 'gasroom'.

To be fair most of the group were looking rather embarassed by these guys at the end. I tries to avoid eye contact....the issue is really that they have already caused a player to losee his temper, now grating the manager after a win and fans who should be happIlyich going home end up in confrontational situations!

I do not car whether you think I am 14 or 54, this is unacceptable

• 100% with you, @wycombelad , in the identification of the real issue and in your analysis of it. Thanks for bringing the conversation back to it.

• Yes, well said @wycombelad.

• Why would anyone want to be 14 or 54 can I split the difference and be 34