Skip to content

Gary Roberts

If only ............

Comments

• I did see this and thought maybe he fits our profile of striker recruitment.

• At 33 years old, I'm not sure he's the answer to our problems.

He also only scored 10 goals last season despite being a first team striker in a promotion winning side.

• He only scored 10 goals last season from midfield.

• Is a top top player at this level, infact probably the best player in this league 2 years ago

• Oh my mistake. Crack on gents.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Is a top top player at this level, infact probably the best player in this league 2 years ago

Exactly, 2 years ago. Paul Hayes was a different player 2 years ago and you havent stopped whining about him this season! Have you any idea of Roberts wage demands? Quite possibly out of our low level reaches? How soon before Kashket returns? For all we know, though increasingly unlikely, it could very soon? Unless dear Richie, you are privy as the shop sweeper toinsider information then please wind your moaning neck in and bog off to "follow" another club.

• Gary Roberts was brilliant for Portsmouth last season aswell, Kenny Jackett just doesn't fancy him so has agreed to let him go.

• But you clearly do fancy him.

• Ah well, thats cast a different light on it @micra. If @rmjlondon fancies him on the bilks over that knows nothing Jackett, then lets bust the bank & get him, whether he wants to come or not. Has Richie seen something in the water of the urinals whilst cleaning them after the match last night, or is it the same futures reading that was so reliable predicting the loan goalkeeper?

• The loan goalkeeper episode is an all-time favourite but there have been many classics in the meantime. It would be interesting to be reminded of a few others. My memory is on a very short leash nowadays and I can only pitch in, rather pathetically, with the suggestion that a gate above 2000 last night would be a shock.

• I'm still waiting for Ruth to return.

• I'm still reeling from the shock of seeing a vaguely positive @rmjlondon post about Brown. It almost bought a tear to my own eyes that I use to see games.