Skip to content

Fulham Match Report

Comments

• Thanks, @Vital and @clifty04 (?). Enjoyed the report and interested to hear the views about Freeman, Tyson and the formation in particular.

• Bit harsh on Hayes. I thought he did OK. Organised the side well and had some decent touches. Nothing scintillating but it was decent enough.

• Paul Hayes is a shadow of the player he was even last season. Probably time to pack in and leave us with good memories rather than spoil the ones we do have.

• You or Hayes?

• @Jonny_King said:
    You or Hayes?

Can't be @rmjlondon as I don't have any good memories?

• Oh the GK on loan for the playoffs was a never to be forgotten classic

• So boring ....... hayes is awful and if we dont sign a forward asap were gonna be bottom 5/6

• Who would you buy?

• Marcus Bean played. Well, I say played. He ran a bit, fell over a lot and got in the way of others. What does GA see that others fail to? Or does he have some photos of the boss..? Quite possible the worst footballer I've ever seen. I'm sure he's a lovely chap, but time to hang up the boots.

• Bean really is an enigma. Sometime's he'll play a MoM game, breaking up play expertly.

But most of the time, he plays like his head and feet are Toblerones and he's just boshed 6 valiums.

• Keith Scott on the coverage seemed to think Bean was one of the changes who deserved to keep their place for Saturday.

• If you think Marcus Bean is the worst footballer you've ever seen then you don't know anything about football

• We were talking about a worst ever Wycombe 11 on the way home last night and Bean wouldn't get close to it. That comedy pratfall on the touchline was something special, though.

• and thats why Keith Scott will never manage this club or any other in the Football League.

• Please sign Gary Roberts !!!

• Interesting report. I thought we played well against a quality (albeit second 11) side and we still in it until that excellent strike. Not sure about the formation as it looked a lot of the time as if we were playing without any strikers. PCH still seemed to be wide...and Hayesy has lost a bit of pace so even if we did have the ball there never seemed to be anyone to pass to. When your only option for a shot is passing it into the middle for Bloomers you know you've got a problem. So we were containing without threatening in the first half it seemed to me. @rmjlondon seems to have already written off Williams (on a different thread) after ONE game, but I thought he looked lively and good going forward. Tyson and the 4 4 2 made a real difference as everyone could see. Him and Southwell as a front two perhaps? Rowe and Muller both had good games I thought...and El-Abd is certainly vocal, can play a bit and was a bit more in evidence in this game. Brown also made some good saves. Not a disgrace to go out (as almost all of our local sides did) against higher opposition at this stage of the season. Ironically I thought our main problem was sitting off their midfield players when they had the ball...for a packed midfield perhaps we should have been more League Two!

• @rmjlondon is that the forward you would buy? Gary Roberts?

• He isn't a forward but can play in the system we are playing and has good quality and can go past players which we don't really have in the locker.
    Somebody who can open the door and lay on goals swell as score them.

• I think Scott Kashket is the only player who would fit in a locker. I can just see him opening the door, popping out and scoring.

• @micra, I am in continued awe of your knowledge of our players' heights, but I'm pretty sure I heard @bluntphil describe PCH as a "diminutive striker" last night; he could probably get in the same locker? And our swimwear salesman looks pretty tiny...

• Surely it all depends on the size of the locker.

• Why are we putting players in lockers? WTF is going on at Adams Park?

• @rmjlondon said:
    He isn't a forward but can play in the system we are playing and has good quality and can go past players which we don't really have in the locker.
    Somebody who can open the door and lay on goals swell as score them.

Isn't Sam Saunders that player?

• Sam Saunders is also a shadow of the player who was here on loan the first time, but I don't think its so much the players but what they are being asked to do.

• @Wig_and_Pen said:
    micra, I am in continued awe of your knowledge of our players' heights, but I'm pretty sure I heard bluntphil describe PCH as a "diminutive striker" last night; he could probably get in the same locker? And our swimwear salesman looks pretty tiny...

I was surprised to see how slight (frail almost) PCH looked when we bumped into him as we were leaving (a few minutes early to avoid the crush.) He was looking pretty sorry for himself.
    I wasn't aware that the club employed a swimwear salesperson (!) I'm probably missing the joke. They don't have to be particularly subtle to get past me. If this rain persists much longer, we'll all need swimwear.

• Well, I'll be blowed. Thanks @Wig_and_Pen. The success of the business could persuade him to hang up his boots, of course but it also takes the pressure off him as a player (which may explain why he is playing so well currently). Sorry @rmjlondon, that was a bit below the belt.