Skip to content

Flackwell Heath v Burnham tonight

The FA Cup road to Wembley starts tonight at Wilks Park (HP10 9EA) as Flackwell Heath take on local rivals Burnham in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Road (7.45).

So if you fancy an hors d'oeuvre before the Wycombe v Lincoln main course tomorrow then Flackwell Heath tonight is the place to be.

Comments

• I was passing by on the way to work this morning and thought the sign said 7.35 kick off. Might be going mad though.

• Says 19:45 on their web site. Several Chairboys I know going, should be good.

• I will pop down and have a look. Just drove past on way home and sign definitely says 7.35ko, might be worth arriving 10-15mins earlier just in case

• I'll be there, the EFL have screwed over FA Cup loving Wycombe fans by putting home games on every single one of the Preliminary & Qualifying Rounds, so I'll be getting games in where and when I can

• Half-time:
    Flackwell Heath 2 Burnham 0

Entertaining game played in front of about 220 fans - four times the average for home games at Wilks Park. First goal from Liam Tack cutting in from the right and firing across the keeper. Second by Dean Allen slotting home to finish a nice move.

Good football by Flackwell Heath while Burnham are struggling to get a foothold in the game. Liam Tack's goal might prove to be the first in this year's FA Cup. Well done him!

• @DJWYC14 you were right, board says 7:35 because they only have one number 4 to put up and it's 4 August!

• Full-time:
    Flackwell Heath 5 Burnham 0

In the end a comfortable win for the Heathens against a rather pedestrian Burnham side. Two second-half goals by Jamie Essex doubled the home side's half-time lead and a late Dan Molloy goal sealed an emphatic win. Burnham simply couldn't cope with the Heathens fast attacking wing-play that was great to watch. Flackwell now move on to the FA Cup Preliminary Round and they also pick up £1,500 prize money for this win.

If anybody wants to follow their fortunes Flackwell Heath entertain Oxford City Nomads on Sat 26th August (Wycombe are at Grimsby) and then Burnham on Bank Holiday Monday 28th Aug - both games in the Hellenic League.

• Ex Wycombe youth player Ryan Tackley was exceptional down the wing, especially in the first half. Burnham were on the end of many a trouncing last season, and cant see it being much diffrent this season.
    A player to keep an eye on though was Burnhams number 10 with the Edgar Davids style glasses. Apparently only 16, but had a work rate,desire and decent touch in a Burnham side which had only limited amount of possession.

• I was at primary school with Ryan Tackley, who was on the books of Chelsea back then. Needless to say he took the absolute piss on the playground even though he was a couple of years younger.

• My mistake, Flackwells number 7 that was so impressive was 20 yr old Liam Tack, incidentally he was one of the two players that Mr Ainsworth took a closer look at from the Wanderers Football and Education academy a couple of years back.

• Maybe Teddy Ralph the 10?

• Yes that was the fella according to the team sheet,his desire very much reminded me of Mr Ainswoth as a player.
    One of his many robust challenges, led to a Flackwell player complaing, to which Mr Ralph replied "Stopping bitching just because youve just been tackled by a 16 yr old"
    He spent a lot of the game chasing lost causes, but if in fact he is only 16, he certainly one to keep an eye on.