Skip to content

Match day thread: Maidenhead

13»

Comments

• I also agree, @bill_stickers .

It's just that when he's on the pitch, there tends to be a(n understandable) tendency to use him as an outlet and hoof the ball up to him. He's a very good footballer, I agree, and he has often been part of some great moves. However, we generally go much more route one when he's on. Truthfully, that's probably the lowest risk, highest probability way of succeeding anyway, since he's often so good at getting meaningful touches/ headers and even if he doesn't we're further up the pitch and less likely to be caught on the counter. But it's much less beautiful. And when it's not working, it's very tedious and we seem to lack the nous to switch to plan B.

• @rmjlondon said:
    we are relying on Bayo to do what he did last season and he isn't even match fit yet.

How do you know, sources from the club shop Richie?
    I would argue that we have more players capable of producing a better brand of football this season, more pace up front and less are threat. Consequently we may be forced to play a more "attractive" brand than previous seasons. We do know though, the most attractive brand doesn't necessarily give promotion as proven in the glory Gorman days.

• its obvious he isn't fit as he had 10 days longer off than anybody else and spent most of his time in America eating !!

• Don't know if it was the slope but his timing was certainly off on Friday. Didn't look that sharp, but it's a long season and I don't mind if the boys aren't at their peak on Saturday.

• I'd be more worried if Akinfenwa wasn't eating Richie baby. Relax.

• Eating Richie baby? Couldn't eat a whole one.

• @eric_plant said:
    So what you're saying arnos_grove is that his words are very unnecessary?

They can only do harm...

• @HCblue said:
    Eating Richie baby? Couldn't eat a whole one.

It's a "like" from me.

• Eating Keithe baby would be big news on a Saturday morning

• Another bender @LX1?