Skip to content

Wanderer Deadline This Sunday

Evening.

Just a reminder that the deadline for submissions for the next edition of The Wanderer fanzine is 6pm on Sunday 23rd July. This is open to anyone, you do not have to be a member of WWISC to contribute. Please send your submissions to [email protected].

We are looking to compile a selection of tributes to Ian Nixon, so if you have any memories, anecdotes or pictures that you would like to share, please do send them in.

The issue will go on sale for the first game of the season against Lincoln on Saturday 5th August.

Cheers

Comments

• I've nothing to contribute, I fear. But, if it counts, I'll look forward to reading the end product very much.

• Glad to hear it @HCblue, that's a good enough contribution for me!

• Just a thought @Jonny_King , have you asked for permission to sell the fanzine somewhere in the car park rather than outside the gate? As I park in the upper tier and drive straight past you I often miss the oppotunity to buy, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

• Hi @CarrotPeeler. The issue was discussed by the committee last season, but it was felt that the fanzine should not be sold on club grounds as it is an independent publication and the views in it might not represent those of the football club.

I know it's not ideal for people who drive straight to the ground and I will try and think of any ways round this and put them forward at the WWISC AGM in October.

For now, the best solution I can suggest is joining WWISC and arranging to have your copies posted out to you - there is an option for this on the membership application form.

WWISC membership entitles you to free copies of The Wanderer and off the top of my head, postage is £10 for the entire season.

Hope that helps.

• The car park is not club grounds though is it? I thought the club rented it from the landowner?

• I couldn't tell you I'm afraid, but I'll look into it.

Like I said, it did come up last season that we were apparently missing sales to people who travel straight to the ground, so I will try and see if there's anything that can be done.

Man/womanpower is the other sticking point when it comes to potentially having more that one selling site, so if anyone would be willing to spend a few hours flogging the mag before games, please get in touch with WWISC and I'll see what can be done from our end.

• Sex sells Jonny. Get Richie to do it. I don't know what gender he/she/it is but I bet they are a 10/10 in their own mind.

• I have to admit, I have never seen (/noticed) it being sold. Seems a little petty not to allow you to sell it in the car park though.

• Looking forward to the next edition Johnny i must send my cheque off this week,keep up the good work mate.

• Just to clarify, as far as I'm aware the club have never said we can't sell it on club grounds. That was a decision made by WWISC.

We are trying to increase awareness of the fanzine and boost our readership. I'll always try to give plenty of warning on here (and other WW-related platforms) when an issue is due out. The WWISC stand will always be in the same place, in the Righton carpark, between the two origin buildings.

• Cheers @robin. Issue 108 is shaping up nicely and should be a good one!

• @bill_stickers I created a bit of confusion last season when a rumour went round that there was a topless picture in the last issue. It turned out I'd just cropped one of the photos very badly!

• Can I suggest the fanzine sellers wear the new home goalie shirt. Drivers would not just drive past you then...although they may lose control and plough into other traffic I suppose.

• edited July 2017

Surely anyone that keen on buying a copy can simply pull over/stop for a few seconds, coins in hand, and receive said publication through their car window!?

The chaps do stand about a metre from the side of the single route into the ground!

• Had a bit of clarification on this from a committee member. Apparently the club originally told us we couldn't sell on site, but I should stress that we're talking a very long time ago here. WWISC haven't asked the club again since and made the decision to stick to our patch on Hillbottom Road. We currently do not have enough committee members/sales volunteers to sell in the car park as well.

Your best bet is to pull in at the WWISC stand/Origin building, pick up a copy and then either park in the WWISC-run carpark or carry on to the ground. If you miss out on a copy, we do a second round of sales at the following home game. If you still haven't been able to get a copy after that, contact WWISC as there are usually spares left over and in the boot of our secretary's car which can be purchased at a later date (the fanzines, not the car). We also recently had some on sale in the Swan Inn in West Wycombe, but I need to check if that's going to be a regular thing.

• @Malone indeed. I thought I was missing something. I walk from my parking spot but I always thought people standing at the side of the road holding a fan of fanzines and shouting 'Wycombe Fanzine' were clearly visible to even the speediest sporty hatchback.