Skip to content

Slough friendly

First friendly today, Gareth giving a run out to a few trialists

Comments

• edited July 2017

Including this chap on the left wing

Courtesy of RussWWFC

• No El-Abd (maybe a week behind pre-season training) or Bayo (still in America) or Kashket (bit concerning giving his injury record).

• Trial list winger looks quite handy. Left back Ok but no better than that

• Any ideas on who the trialists are?

• And pink and blue keepers kit just as vile in real life as in photos

• Again one of Russ's pics

Maybe Henry Newcombe?

• That's the guy. On trial from Gillingham.(Sticking my neck out, hope I'm right.)

• Dayle Southwell seems to be having a really good game since coming on for the second half.

• The fact you could clearly hear one of the players shout "Henry" when he had the ball on the Facebook stream would suggest it is.

• how did Tyson do?

• The live stream was an unexpected bonus. Although being honest it was pretty hard to tell who was who, as there wasn't a decent zoom lens!

No friendly for 2 weeks now, and then 3 over a week. Seems strange planning, but i'm sure they know what they're doing and will play most for 45mins each game

• We play QPR under 23s I think next Saturday behind closed doors @Malone

• Yes not easy to make any informed judgements from the FB stream. It was a bit like watching the match from a hill outside the ground.

However, a top effort from the WW media team nonetheless and much appreciated.

I'm sure those that actually went will be able to tell us a lot more but Tyson was pretty quiet. Southwell looked quite lively playing through the middle in the second half.

The trialist LW (who actually played on the right throughout, I think) looked like he had a bit about him and could have scored in the first half.

The trialist left back was ok too. Looked comfortable on the ball and played centre-half in the second half.

Other than that not much to report other than Arbour Park looks a good stadium and it's good to see Slough's ground problems behind them.

• I watched a bit of the 1st half on the live stream and certainly the guy who played wide right caught the eye and had some lovely touches. It did help that he was closest to the camera mind you!

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Trial list winger looks quite handy. Left back Ok but no better than that

Saw it completely the other way round, fullback imperious (less so at centre back), winger quiet first half missed a sitter second, looked better when switched to right, better than Freeman though (not difficult).

• Right back Fox ex Peterborough , winger Owen somone

• Dayle Southwell looked really sharp hopefully this will be his year. I think all the trialists did enough for another run out next week against qpr u23s.

• Right winger was called being called Owen, by Hayes, who incidentally showed he has the ability to flick directly to the opposition equally well on a plastic pitch as he does on grass.

• Any idea of this Owens last name?

• Jesse!

• 'Left winger Owen' and 'Right Winger Owen' are enlightening Google searches.

• Owain Jones, ex- Swansea.

• The guy on right wing second half was so lethargic...looked like he couldn't be arsed. Left back looked okay, didn't really impress but didn't do anything stupid. Don't think the heat helped the game though.

Nice set up for their level, although the drinking rules & segregation all seemed a bit over the top

• The left back I belive is Andrew Fox ex Peterbourgh and Stevenage.

• Funny I thought the winger did well - on the whole he took people on and delivered decent balls. He seemed frustrated at times but then again, we're a side which doesnt play with a lot of width so he had to work harder to get the ball in wide areas.

He was a bit lethargic in the last 20 mins but you have to remember he was one of the few players to play 90 mins in that heat, off the back of little football last season.

• Yes, Andrew Fox was at Stevenage last season and can play left back or centre back. Owain Jones is a Swansea lad who had a short spell at Yeovil earlier this year. He has represented Wales at all levels up to U20 and played for Swansea U23s in the Checkatrade last season. He was a prolific goalscorer at U18 level and was voted Player of the Season at that level. He's still only 20

• .....Sorry folks, a rare instance of premature posting! Owain is over 6' tall but only just. His father will intervene if Malone challenges this!
    As mentioned elsewhere, Henry Newcombe is a young 'keeper on trial from Gillingham.

• Went to the game,surprisingly entertaining considering the heat ,should have won by 3 or 4 but their keeper made some terrific saves . Nice little ground friendly staff .

• edited July 2017
  • edited July 2017

There were about 6 twats barely out of nappies probally pissed on half a wkd making complete tits of themselves not sure if they were the same ones with the pyrotechnics.