Skip to content

What is happening this season?

Comments

• @Jonny_King said:
    I broke my own rules and got involved in the Facebook group after someone described El Abd as "F*ing st" on it. I recognised the name as the same poster who had written off Gape and Kashket when we signed them (and was subsequently taken to task by Mr Parry). You'd think after a howler like that you'd want to keep your head down...

I do not post on facebook never have and never will

• It's not always about you, @Wwfc2015_ ...

• @Wwfc2015_ Not accusing you of being the same person mate and apologies if that's how it came across. I meant the guy had previously slated Gape and Kashket on the Facebook group as well.

As you can probably deduce from this - you're not missing out on much intellectual debate not being on Facebook!

• the Thursday afternoon

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    Mr boring returnsl #rosetintedglasses

Yes I noticed you were back. What a joy it is to read your highly enlightened, thick as pig shit views again.

Still, I see you've learned to use a bit of HTML at the day centre. That'll help you to polish your turds of wisdom...

• It's all gone a bit Facebook.

• So we've found @Wwfc2015_ phew! No doubt Richie will get back into his normal stride again soon. New season looms...and my rosey-tinted glasses are in place early.

• @Jonny_King , that made me chuckle. Some fans are so moronic and thick, that they truly can't see how embarrassing it is to slate a player before they've played a game, and then them turn into excellent signings...but then still keep doing the same.

The new way of fans doing that these days seems to be the "just fishing" disclaimer., when they've proven to be chatting nonsense.

But some of our fans are so dopey they see what they want to see.
    Someone posted that training video, and people are adamant that Blackman is in the clip, and that Tyson outpaces JJ, when it's 100% up close and clearly Kashket.

Bizarre.

• I can clearly see that it is kashket not jj. On closer inspection however I assume the "Blackman character" is seen if you pause the clip on 2.0 min. Who is that stood behind sido?

• Well if it's Blackman then he must be sitting down.

• Stewart isn't it?

• Defo not Stewart.

• As seen earlier in the video, Stewart is now sporting a bloody great blonde strip on the right side of his hair do.

• Ah, kids.

• I gambled saying Stewart as I thought someone else had said it was him.

So checking it, yep, clearly not Stewart, but unless Blackman has suddenly grown his hair between that video and what he just released on twitter/Instagram, it's definitely not him either.

A Trialist probably.

• Agreed, must be the legendary A. Trialist

• Today just confirms my worst fears re the decision to make Scott Brown our Number 1 keeper + the signing of El Abd.

• edited August 2017

Early doors but the latter especially looks very average, when we've been used to having a superb star defender.
    Not at all dominant, meaning every aerial battle is a 50-50, rather than the 90-10 Pierre made things looks. Meaning more pressure, and thus Brown under pressure.

• @Malone - You could argue the other way. It was a lot easier for our defenders last season because Blackman came out and snaffled all the high balls meaning the defenders had a lot less to do. With Brown staying on his line all the time our central defenders have a bigger area to cover.

• Yep, between the two of them we have a real conundrum.

The captaincy element is very awkward, as Gaz now can't really take him out for Stewart, as it'd make a heck of a statement. So it's inevitable Jombati will be benched instead.

It's all feeling a bit Duberry at the moment.

• Akinfenwa is the only one doing what he is supposed to be doing in a lot of games. I know it's only staying onside and only moving in a six foot radius but he would be my pick...and who in the squad would argue with that?

• Disagree @Wendoverman the Beast was winning headers at the back and all! The comedy/tragedy of errors should be lessons learned and once tightened up at the back the goals look to be going in fine. GA is still tinkering and when his choice 1st 11 is set and defensive frailties shored up I can see a promising season ahead.

We have the personnel and if we can relax in and around both boxes there is real potential for this Wycombe team to do well. As supporters we really do need to get behind the boys and be the 12th man, not the monkey on their backs. Always easier when we're 2-0 up rather than down but with defending back up to standard that should happen more and more.

COYB!!!!

• @NorsQuarters , that was one of the worrying aspects on Saturday. We were so lacking in defence, the Beast had to repeatedly be the man to clear.

• @NorsQuarters disagree with my choice of the big man as Captain?

• We had 4 captains on the pitch at the start on Saturday, El-Abd, Hayes, Bloomfield and Jacobsen!

• @Wendoverman nah, the six foot radius part

• Just me joshing @NorsQuarters for me the big man can do no wrong. We'll call it a ten foot radius...

• at this point 2016/17 we had lost one, lost 1 - 0 in the cup, won one and drawn one. What the hell is going on this year?

• Don't worry @Wendoverman , last year we quickly racked up some absolute pastings. 4 conceded to Luton and Portsmouth back to back wasn't it?

• we are nothing if not inconsistent @Malone I think we beat Doncaster just when it looked like we were faltering as well!