Skip to content

Coventry away moved to Friday evening

2»

Comments

• The club don't give a toss what any of you think.

• @DJTaylor said:
    The club don't give a toss what any of you think.

Thanks for that great nugget of information @DJTaylor /Benny/Che. Back to shower us with your positive vibes just in time for the start of another glorious season supporting Wycombe Wanderers?

• Just re-read DJ's contributions to the gasroom.

What a miserable wretch of a man! Wow. Cheer up boy, it's just football.

• @DJTaylor two questions. Firstly, given you clearly lurk on this board, why don't you contribute more? Your posts on the original Gasroom were always thoughtful, entertaining and provoking - it's a real shame we're not benefiting from that here as well.

Secondly, if you were chairman of the club, how would you run things differently?

• M3GM3G
    edited June 2017

But sadly he is completely right regardless of what you say. @Malone It's always been more than that, its been all my life. Its the only constant in my life. It is my being. It connects me with my past, my father my friends my memories.

• Is it just me that prefers the evening option? Leaves the whole Saturday to start preparing for the festivities or travelling to see relatives. No doubt my girlfriend will be pleased as no doubt she will say there is lots to do that weekend!

• No there is probably loads of you. But for me its a meet with my Small town dreams crew and it fucking pisses me off. Life is short and its another day we wont share. Football is life and saturdays are sacred.

• @M3G : Wow!

• @micra lol maybe that extra glass of wine took it's toll !

• Recko!

• Sorry, reckon.

• Right first time?

• Yeah a tad strong methinks.

• The moving of the kick off time might help some, and disadvantage others, though the disappointing thing is that there appears to have been no attempt to discuss the matter with supporters to gauge their opinion as to whether it is something that will inconvenience them or not.
    I suspect this is where @DJTaylor is coming from, and it's not hard to draw the conclusion that the interests of those who'll fork out good money to travel and then pay a sizeable entrance fee on the gate were given scant thought.

• By the way, it seems to have gone largely un-noticed on here but the Rugby Premiership fixtures were published on 7th July and guess what? Wasps have a conveniently timed local(ish) fixture at "home" to Gloucester on the last Saturday before Christmas, Dec 23rd.

• So Wycombe Wanderers have moved the game to the Friday evening to help accommodate a Wasps game? Words fail me!

• Wasps own the stadium don't they? I'm pretty sure Coventry have to do as they're told.

• According to the Coventry Telegraph (our favourite local rag!), CCFC have priority over Wasps when it comes to fixture times, so in theory, they can't have been forced to move it.

www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-fixtures-continue-take-13072704.a

• Never believe what you read in the papers.

• Especially that one!

• The Coventry Telegraph being quoted to back up facts? What a load of old rubbish.

• Landlord of stadium takes priority over tenant. Hold the front page.

• In this instance though the Cov Telegraph have it correct. It’s a Football League rule that when a league club groundshares with a rugby club, the football club have priority over fixtures.

13.5 Except in cases where a Club seeks consent to enter into a ground-sharing agreement with another Club, it shall be a condition of any such consent that the ground-sharing agreement shall contain provision to ensure that:
    13.5.1 the playing of any of the Club’s first team matches will always take precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement

• Except that point 13.5.1 doesn't actually apply here, because Coventry City had already moved the match before the rugby fixtures were announced; hence, no conflict of fixtures has arisen.

The early change of date for the football match has proven to be very convenient. Those of us outside of the Wasps and Coventry City board rooms will never know whether Wasps, in anticipation of a foreseeable potential clash with a lucrative rugby match, held discussions with Coventry City at the time the football fixtures were announced and suggested to them that they may wish to submit a "voluntary" request to the EFL for the match date to be moved; a possible scenario that some people speculated upon at the time.

• I see - I've been a bit slow on that one.

• For local fans in South Bucks there is a slight crumb of comfort to the Coventry game being moved to Friday 22nd Dec.

On Saturday 23rd there is potentially a very entertaining afternoon in prospect as Chesham United play Hereford at the Meadow (k.o. 3pm).