Skip to content

WWFC v Fulham in the Carabao cup.

Comments

• Very boring would have been much better away

• Yes, a poor draw. Didn't we have this exact draw a year or two ago?

Away would have been a good day out.

• Very handy for Esme and Geoff who defected to Craven Cottage a couple of seasons ago.

• At home, so a reasonable chance of progressing. Fulham will probably bring 1,000+ so there'll be a half-decent atmosphere. The draw could have been a lot worse.

• Was there ever a good exciting draw? This competition always underwhelms on the excitement front. Fulham is decent enough and should bring a few along.

• Villa or Fulham were about the only interesting potential ties, so we did well. Imagine if it'd been Southend away.

• Home draw against Fulham sounds decent to me.

• The same game two years ago... Fulham bought numbers but clearly couldn't have been less excited and made virtually no noise. Fairly even game we ended up losing due to their extra quality. I mean poor in terms of low chance of progression and would have been better away.

• Apologises in advance for a potentially stupid comment/question. I believe i'm correct in saying this is the league Cup?, have they regionalised it this year? as it has a south/north separation i dont recall that in previous season. maybe ive just noticed the format this time after the obvious format change to the Checktrade trophy last year.

• Yes, it's the League Cup and it's regionalised for the first time this season.

• Strange how they're doing the fixtures this year, separating Premier league and football league by 1 week, and having this league cup as an odd sort of one off in the middle?!

• Even worse that it is seeded this year, increasing the chance of L2 teams getting knocked out!

• It's always been seeded and regionalised, for the past 10 years at least.

• Haven't won a match in this cup since Charlton away in 2007, only reaching Round 2 once after beating Col U on pens in 2011. We must be due a decent run this year.

• @Croider Really!? Blimey.

• It's like someone did a deal with the devil in both major cups, offered a majestic run to the semi finals, if we then do nothing in the next 15 years

• We should have beaten Fulham in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup in 2002. I think they'd already been drawn away to York so that would have given us a decent chance at the last sixteen again.

• Should have but didn't. At least we did get the replay out of it.

Unlike this year's Tottenham!

• Bit of York-Fulham trivia for you - York were at that time struggling to survive and being rescued by their fans trust - Fulham donated their share of the gate receipts to the trust.

• A fillip from Fulham would be fine. Fortunately, fingers crossed, our fans' funding will forestall further fears for our future fortunes.

• Cheating Barry Hayles.