Skip to content

Summer Wishlist

I know we're all fairly anti-transfer-boredom right now, but ideally (and let's not take the Michael with hyperbolic fantasies here dears) what part of the squad would you like to see GA fix this summer, and with who?

Comments

• Bodger

• Id like another left back as cover for JJ, a back up keeper. A striker and replacements if Pierre and Bean leave at the very least.

• The terrace would be the biggest worry for me

• I'd agree with the above from @Aok84, with the exception that I think we have enough defensive midfielders not to need to replace Bean if he moves on.

• More burger chefs @ Lindy Lous'.

• 2 x keepers if Brown leaves, full back cover, replacement for Pierre if he leaves and another striker.

• Clearly need a keeper, but if we keep Pierre the first X1 looks pretty set. (Paris as a starter over Weston for me, the rest picks itself)

Jombati, Bloomfield, Weston, Hayes all experienced players to come in when needed.

Then the younger members, WDH, Muller, Rowe, Southwell and our young winger whose name embarrassingly eludes me more often than not.

That's 20 players straight away, having trimmed Wood and Thompson out, and even if Bean doesn't re-sign.

We look fairly well covered across the park. So maybe there is only the need for an all rounder who can cover a few positions.

• Young winger?

• I guess he means Nick Freeman.

• Big year for Nick Freeman. If he gets games I think he could be decent for us.

• Like @Malone I think we are pretty well covered in the middle and at the back if AP stays but need some talent between the sticks and left back cover and money left needs to go on a proven pacey striker to partner Bayo?
    (although who that might be who knows!)

• Or rather only richie knows.

• @Wendoverman , is Kashket not the intended partner?

It'd be nice to have another goalscorer, but with Bayo, Kashket, Hayes,Southwell as strikers, and Paris and Weston in the mixer from wider angles, that's a fairly wide range of picks already.
    Unless he gives up on Hayes and/or Southwell, then you could see the extra need

• Hayes' days as a striker are over I am afraid, although if fit, he can still do a job in midfield. Southwell isn't anywhere near league standard, hence we need to sign another striker.

• @mooneyman I agree with your sentiments about Hayes. I do feel however that given the opportunity, Southwell with do a job for us next season. I live in hope anyway!!

• Infact..... I just had another look at the goals he scored for Boston before we signed him up. If he stays fit, and hits form I definitely think he has the ability to be a very decent league 2 striker.

• The positive here is how unlike the Beavon he became, Beavon initially looked for about 18 months when he joined.

• @Malone Of course Kashket....he'd slipped my mind. And you're right, matey. Although, with his hip problem, and PCH's injury record, we probably still need cover!

• Imagine the scenes if Southwell went onto become even 3/4 of the player Southwell did.

• @Malone said:
    Imagine the scenes if Southwell went onto become even 3/4 of the player Southwell did.

Mmmmm.

• First signs @Malone or at least that's what they keep telling me!

• Isn't the first sign replying to yourself...................

Malone is guilty of the second sign.

• I understood Kashket has an ongoing (i.e. chronic) pelvic condition. Doesn't augur well.

• I talk to myself but never shout and rarely answer.

• Yep, the classic trying to do two things at once and rucking up :)

• Yes.

• Imagine how good he'd be if fully fit.

• For how many months did he play without a break?