Skip to content

Reasons for not renewing.

By accident rather than design, I was talking to a former season ticket holder, yesterday. Told me he gave up renewing three years ago and only attends the odd games here & there, he tops up with visits to Maidenhead. When I asked why, he said that he had got fed up with the poor standard of refereeing, in particular the inconsistency. I had never heard of that as an excuse/reason for giving up on your hometown club before, (hardly much that WWFC can do), any one heard of more bizarre reasons?

Comments

• I think the standard of reffing and the level of cheating in the game would be a reason I would stop going.

• I'm sure the standard of refereeing at Maidenhead games is much higher.

• I'm hoping the level of cheating is lower then.

• Strange reason. The idea that conference south would thus be a better bet is incredible.

But at least it's more acceptable than all those people who used Hayes as their reason for stopping, and then funnily enough not coming back.

• Probably less hoof it in Conference South.

• Probably not

• I take it he doesn't refer to himself as a supporter then.

• I saw far less hoofball in the FA Vase and Trophy finals than I did in League 2 last season.

• @NewburyWanderer. TBF, I didn't ask as he is potentially a client.

• @Malone said:
    Strange reason. The idea that conference south would thus be a better bet is incredible.

But at least it's more acceptable than all those people who used Hayes as their reason for stopping, and then funnily enough not coming back.

Most people I know who stopped coming under Hayes simply found something better to do.

• It does seem an odd reason. I think it is more the time wasting and diving from the players at this level rather than the refereeing. Would love to see a stop clock introduced to stop the time wasting.

• @floyd , not really what being a fan is about is it.
    Don't worry, we'll keep the club going in case you fancy it again one day.

• Say what you want about @floyd (seriously, anything) but don't ever imply he's not a true fan

• Just to clarify, it was a comment directed towards those anti Hayes leavers who as @floyd suggested "had found something better to do", rather than against him

• The way @floyd bottled it against Faldo marks him as a loser