Skip to content

Non league day at Wembley

edited May 2017 in Football

Morning all

Is anyone heading to non league day at Wembley? FA Vase followed by the Trophy final for £25.

I'm going to be in the 'neutral' part of the stadium and I'm looking forward to seeing Julio Arca turn out for South Shields.

Comments

• If I see you I'll say hello. Maybe there should be a secret Wycombe handshake.

• Heading to Wembley now, sitting in Macclesfield "end", cheeky pint in the torch beforehand.

• Also in with the Macclesfield fans, just settling in for the Vase final.

• Another excellent non-league finals day. The 38,000 crowd seems to justify the idea of having both Vase and Trophy finals combined (although the long journey home doubtless influenced a lot of South Shields fans to leave before the Trophy match, which was a shame). The York-Macclesfield game in particular was a great contest, and it's good to see Jon Parkin still defying his advancing years with a Beast-like performance up front for York. What was most notable though was how all four teams wanted to play good football - none of the kick and rush you might expect, particularly in the Vase game.

• @MindlessDrugHoover I agree. An excellent day out and two very good games to watch. I thought Macclesfield were very unlucky to lose and I think if Jon Parkin had been playing for them instead, they would have won easily.

• With my usual psychic sense I did say "it's only a matter of time before Macclesfeld win this" about 30 seconds before York scored their third.