Skip to content

BBC

The BBC just do not care about leagues 1 and 2. A great time to feature action from the two lower leagues, especially with promotion, and relegation issues hoting up but they just cannot be bothered. SHAME ON THEM!

Comments

• I do agree but to be fair, they care a great deal more than other channels that never show any lower league football at all.

• @Bluebottle said:
    I do agree but to be fair, they care a great deal more than other channels that never show any lower league football at all.

That's chiefly because the BBC own the rights and the other channels don't. To have the rights and not bother with a show is a pretty poor effort.

• Sky do! Watched the goal on there last night.

• All change next season as Channel 5 will show the highlights at 9 pm even when there are no Championship games because of international matches so we'll still see League 1 & 2 highlights.

• I think if there was enough interest they'd show it - but the thing with lower league football is if you really want to watch it, you can. I know there are exiles who can no longer follow their team, and not everyone can afford what are still pretty over inflated prices, but it's a pretty niche market.

I would genuinely be interested to know what the viewing figures of, say, lower league Sky games are - both in actual number terms and in terms of the numbers of neutrals who watch. I know they exist, e.g. I've seen other teams' fans commenting on our game v Luton, but again I don't think the numbers can be great.

That said if Channel 5 can make a decent fist of a lower league show, more power to them.

• If it isn't someone buying something shit at an antique shop and losing a fiver on it at auction the BBC isn't interested.

• Bargain Cnut is a great show!

• If C5 take a good run at it...they might be able to make something people want to watch.
    Anyone know who Richard Desmond supports?

• viacom own channel 5 anyway