Skip to content

Mansfield sign Lee Angol

Shame that things apparently ended acrimoniously, otherwise maybe we could have re-signed him

Comments

• Really! Maybe he shone briefly at Posh but he was absolutely useless when with us. Even struggled against Beaconsfield in B&B cup.

• You clearly haven't watched him recently @Blue_sinc_1990. He is very impressive as you will see when we play Mansfield.

• He came from Tottenham to us didn't he? So it seemed surprising he seemed to offer so little for us.
    But that's the unknown of development and the right setting.

Players have done well for us in the past who didn't do much elsewhere, just one of those things.

• No I haven't actually watched him Micra but I wonder why Posh let him go if he is now so good?

• Agree with an earlier post re the B&b cup vs Beaconsfield.....not Lee's finest performance.

Good burgers I seem to recall though.

• There sees to be an obsession witha B&B match against Beaconsfield. I'm backing Lee Angol to do very well at Mansfield.i know nothing about his character/temperament. Maybe there are "issues ".

• I seem to recall Josh Scowen wasn't too great in the final against Chesham in 2012. I remember Ainsworth saying he (Angol) had bags of ability but didn't have the physicality. To be fair he does look to have bulked up a bit since his time at AP.

• I also hope he does well. Nothing against the lad, just saying he didn't really do it for us.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Really! Maybe he shone briefly at Posh but he was absolutely useless when with us. Even struggled against Beaconsfield in B&B cup.

Not true, Gaz played him at right back! He was actually quite good that night.

• I've hesitated to mention it on the grounds that it was against rather modest opposition, but Lee stood out as the most skilful and creative player in what I guess was a Bed and Breakfast match or pre-season Friendly at Chalfont St Peter a few years ago. I think he was released soon afterwards but I thought at the time that he showed considerable potential.