Skip to content

Board Restructure

2»

Comments

• Completely depends on what is in the 5 year plan dev.

If it's "get promoted every season" then yeah..

If it was to look at the whole situation with non-blue tinted specs, put something in place that is longer term and sustainable (like stop the flooding, lay foundations, build a strong structure, push to the next level, review and adjust) then I would 100% say that is EXACTLY the sort of plan wycombe wanderers needed after our miracle escape a few seasons ago.

This is what I believe AH (and GA as team manager) have done and should be applauded for.

The big issue is that what the 5 year plan actually is wasn't made public.
    The plus side of that is your not constantly judged against your published plan.
    The downside is you get idiots saying "what's the point of the plan they are all pointless" and clamouring for promotion every season cos they see it as a god given right and failure of the club.

• *failure of the club if it's not achieved.

• Don't get me wrong, I applaud the job AH, GA and the rest of both club and trust board have done over the last three years. It has been exceptional.

A five year plan that people interpret as a promise of promotion in year four is meaningless. We damn near reached it in year one. We are probably unlikely to reach it in year four. Doesn't mean all haven't done a damn good job though.

• I think we've got a great chance of going up next season as it happens

• It will be a really open division, with teams beating each other every week. Any team from about 12 could win the league (if Luton go up, if not it will probably be them). It should be really interesting

• Its possible Eric but I am pretty sure when the odds come out, those odds will suggest it unlikely. We have (in all probability) lost arguably our two best players after all.

Fancy a charity bet again. I give odds of 4-1, so if we miss out on promotion you pay £20, if we get it I pay £80. My nominated charity will be Shekinah like last time.

• I'm with eric...had we been more consistent (and perhaps missed out on the cup runs?) this year we would have been well in the mix. If GA/AH add wisely to the present squad we will certainly be in the running. (Although what the bookies are going to do for favourites now Pompey have finally clawed their way out will be interesting!)

• Cup runs and the consequent punishing six away Tuesdays in a row were certainly a factor in missing playoffs - not sure automatic was ever a realistic possibility. Obviously no guarantee we would have won the playoffs. Next season with Pierre and Blackman gone and perhaps unlikely Akinfenwa will repeat his season, likely we will start a little weaker squadwise than we ended.

Promotion is possible , especially if GA is still manager in August, but I would say unlikely.

If Eric doesn't want the bet, happy for someone else to pick it up ( I do expect charity bets to be paid though as I believe Eric and che before him does)

• I'll take that bet Dev - I'll consider this a done deal as I suspect when the bookies odds come out we'll find you've priced that up a touch on the generous side!

• Good stuff, bet accepted. Do you want to choose your charity now or leave it until we win. As I say my choice will remain Shekinah that we both paid too earlier this season.

Personally I would be surprised (but pleased) if bookies even with their margins offer us at less than 4-1.

Will feel slightly odd at Wembley in May 2018 cheering like mad towards £80 flowing out of my pocket but I trust you to pick a worthy alternative for money that otherwise would have gone to my childrens inheritance.

• I'll choose when I win Dev

• Fair enough. Lets all hope you do win (me included).

• Sky Bet have already opened the market, albeit with the lineup not yet finalised.

Anyway, they've currently got us at 3/1

• Has Pierre gone again?

• Indeed Eric, but beware of incredibly high margins at this stage. there are four promotion spots so you would expect with no profit margin and all teams included, their odds percentage to be 400%. Currently with just 19 teams listed, they are already at 414%. Include Port Vale, the three playoff losers and the conference playoff winners at say same price as us 3-1and they reach the heady heights of 540%. Odds for virtually all teams will drift outwards when market becomes competitive. Currently its a mugs game unless you have strong inside information (eg Abramovic has got bored with Chelsea and is buying Wycombe.........). Maybe I have got it about right............

• I would suggest that if Luton win the play-offs then our odds may come in again

we'll see

• We could have a charity bet on what the odds will be in August ............

naah maybe not.

• Notts County at 14/1 for the title looks like good value to me.

• Notts County odds always look tempting pre season and then we all remember how and why they underachieve every year by spending too much money on players who can't be bothered to perform week in week out in league two.

• Could have said the same thing about Pompey the last few seasons though.

• @bill_stickers said:
    Could have said the same thing about Pompey the last few seasons though.

Yes, and the bookies seemed to overlook that factor.

• Maybe Howard has got bored with the Chairman role and is moving to this position to slowly reduce his input and accelerate his exit, especially now he has got his best friend 'Ivor the Engine' into the President slot.
    Can't help thinking that there is a hidden agenda here that will come to light someday soon.

• Odds are now out. We are available at 28-1 to win it and 5-1 to get promotion, broadly priced somewhere in the middle, which seems about fair. Mansfield favourites with Coventry (doubt it personally) , Luton, Lincoln and Swindon next on the lists.

• I think this will be Luton's year I'm afraid and they'll take the title.

Think we've got as decent chance as the rest of nabbing one of the auto places though.

• I think 5/1 is worth a little dabble personally

Well done though Dev, your odds prediction was accurate

• @Blue_since_1990 , he came in to offer a more professional approach than the willing but a bit inept Mr Woodward, and he's steadied things really well.

Not being a fan let him make decisions that more of a fan wouldn't i fear.
    Let's see what happens