Skip to content

policing costs

Personally thought that the huge number of police yesterday was scandalout, how much does the club have to pay for these guys to stand and do nothing

Comments

• Was thinking the same at the Doncaster game

• Got to say I was most surprised...cannot believe Cambridge are notorious! Was it to stop Pierre nutting true fans?

• Maybe the growing list of problems caused by our own morons have pushed us up the risk scale? Would be a shame it this was true and it was costing the club money on top of risking its family friendly reputation.

• As far as I am aware we have had no issues at home games? Or am I blissfully unaware, at away games the morons are obvious as we are all in the same small area, but at home games not situated in the same areas allows me peace. The police always seem to be centred at tesco, so perhaps to with the Pierre incident

• Did seem like overkill. 6 coppers at the stations at 4 o'clock plus countless more at the ground.

• Unfortunately the behaviour of a small number of our supporters at away games and at the hour glass before home games has attracted police interest and a mandatory presence at more fixtures.the club has to pay the bill and its increasing dramatically .

Our element of simpletons didn't let the police down by behaving like idiots again on hillbottom road before the match.its only a matter of time before we should ban them all for good.

• I can see why at away games, but really have never seen any said 'incidents' at home games which require police

• @marlowchair : I have responded to your criticism of my post regarding police costs on the thread (17.30 kickoffs) where the question of impact on profits was raised by@RightInTheMiddle.

• @wycombelad It concerns me that you think that more police at away games is something you are not surprised about. How has that happened after so many years of being amongst the friendliest fans in the league.

I guess the fans who are banned are banned from all grounds so surely many of these are coming to home games and that is why the club might be paying more for police. I hope these idiots can see this and next time they moan about the quality on the pitch think that their actions have increased match day costs

• we were in the Hour glass when there was a little issue going on - the landlord asked the police to intervene..

• What classes as a little issue? I think trouble is more likely at away games, as our supportees appear more 'beered up' and also in a gany, never seen this gang at home games