Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

Comments

• Carlisle now 1-1.

• Carlisle have equalised.

• Colchester one up. Game over.

• Blackpool 2 up

• Carlisle - Exeter is about to get interesting. Sounds like our game has completely run out of steam.

• Altho Cambridge are in the top seven with a goal at the moment.

• Orient pull an unlikely goal back

• Orient have one back at Blackpool.

• Goal! Kasket. Come on.

• Goal is maybe a bit early, no pressure on Col U to score again now.

• At the moment we're missing out on goal difference to ColU. I think i preferred it when we weren't winning.

• Is this the first time Che has supported Yeovil?

• Stevenage are one down.

• Come on my local team Yeovil and equalize please.

• Blackpool 3-1, just pinning our hopes on Yeovil now

• Blackpool 3-1 Leyton Orient, so it's all down to Yeovil now.

Worse for Cambridge, every other result is going their way!

• Carlisle have equalised at Exeter.

• Carlisle 3-2 up.

• ColU are 2-0.

• Col u 2-0

• At least col u aren't in the playoffs either

• At least that's ColU out of the play-offs.

• That makes us missing out a little easier to swallow.

• Hartlepool get two goals in a minute, Newport are going down on goal difference as it stands.

• Newport take the lead again, gutting for Hartlepool

• Good effort from Wycombe, nothing more we could have done.

• A very good effort indeed, if this is the future playing style, we will go up next year.

• We looked to get the ball to Saunders at every opportunity, while still looking for Bayo's strength in the air at the right times.

Did our job, and it we still had a chance with a single goal swing until about 20mins into the second half. That made the day easier than if it was all off the table in 5mins, or worse still, looking like we'd make it until late on.

You only have to ask Doncaster and much more damagingly, Hartlepool about late swings!

• Very enjoyable afternoon.

GA after the game saying we had 19 players in contract and 99% of the players would be back next year. Jamal might be a reach and he respects that AP wants to player at a higher level but they are doing all they can to keep him

Also made a comment about keeping hold of Scott Kashket. I guess that's something I hadn't considered.

• Ref was nowhere near appalling, imo. Neither penalty shout was one, though I'll concede the free kick awarded against Kashket was bizarre, as was a free kick given against Beany for a phantom foul on half-way. That aside, I thought the referee was well-positioned a good part of the time and made defensible, calm decisions, such as overruling the offside decision against Paris when he realised that play had evolved so that Paris was not interfering. For my money, that was an uncommonly good decision. It almost led to a goal for us. I have no complaints.