Skip to content

Comments

• Thanks for another season of previews, Vital - always an interesting read.

• It'd be fun to see the hit rate on score predictions, and also how many points we'd have finished on if you'd got every one right, compared to what actually happened.

• Thanks for the preview @Vital - two things:

Firstly, our home record against Cambridge is brilliant - can't be many teams we have a better one against.

Secondly, on the score prediction, I think a draw tomorrow is very unlikely. Neither team can get into the top 7 with a point so I'd expect both teams to be throwing the kitchen sink at each other in the last half hour if the match looked to be heading that way. Could make for an entertaining evening!

• The very fact that both teams will at some stage be going all out for the win makes a draw quite likely. 2-2 seems reasonable in the circumstances and would represent the highest aggregate score between the two sides at Adams Park in over 20 years.

• @MindlessDrugHoover @Last_Quarter You're welcome.

Dread to think how dire the prediction hit-rate is this season!

I blame the wild fluctuations in form (theirs not mine).

• I suppose it depends a bit on what's going on elsewhere, but there's a chance that both sides may be going all out for the win at the SAME stage. Imagine we're drawing in injury time and results elsewhere suggest a win will be enough. We get a corner and throw Blackman up, whilst Cambridge leave a few players up the field hoping for their own breakaway. There's a strong chance that one side will get a winner in that scenario.

After some of the dross we've had at AP this season, you can't blame me for dreaming at least...

• looking forward to tomorrow - weird things happen on the last day of the season

• @eric_plant sounds like streaker talk to me

• Cancel all plans for Saturday night, we win, the others draw except for the Blackpool vs Orient game which is delayed by crowd protest. We may not know the outcome till v late in the day. Keep the Vere open, could be a long night!

• Thanks for all your heavy lifting this season @Vital.

• If that was the case we'd be in the playoffs @perfidious_albion, so fingers crossed you're right!

• And as everyone else has said, thanks to Vital & its various contributors. Much appreciated.

• @Chris said:
    If that was the case we'd be in the playoffs perfidious_albion, so fingers crossed you're right!

• Believe, at 8pm we shall be playoff contenders

• Tonight, yes.

• Any thing is possible in the crazy old world of football...sometimes just ONE goal can make a difference.

• I believe we will win 7.0 and get in on goal difference

• Carlisle are in an awkward position as anything less than 3 points will more than likely see their inferior goal difference mean they would miss out. But with Exeter more or less assured of 5th place win lose or draw the likelihood is they will rest key players so I am taking Carlisle to get the win they need. And as Blackpool will surely beat Leyton Orient that will be that. As those scores filter through our game will peter out to a 1-1 draw!!

• Carlisle to win 12.0

• Sadly I think @Dickie is probably right. But I'd have thought there's a good chance the Blackpool game will finish late to add to the tension.

• I'll predict wins for Cambridge, Colchester & Blackpool, with the other two games going our way.

• It's great that we've even got an outside chance of something on the last day. Looked pretty unlikely not that long ago.

The potential scenes if we did sneak in would bring a great night to a start!

And if it all peters out to nothing, we'll soon be in the "who's in, and who's out" period we all love in the summer.
    Will be very interested to see what happens, both with the ones i'm 100% unsure of, and the ones I have very strong "Inkling" on.

• I believe that Exeter will win and Accrington will do us a favour, but think blacarpool and col u willike get the playoffs, as I cannot see orient or Yeovil getting a result

• No predictions from me. Just going to enjoy the ride.......and I hate rollercoasters

• I'm loving how positive a lot of people are. But we haven't got a cat in hell's chance.

• @Midlander said:
    I'm loving how positive a lot of people are. But we haven't got a cat in hell's chance.

Of course we haven't. But imagine the scenes should, after an extended first half, our match is poised at 2-2 with 5 minutes to go and all the other results have gone our way. Keepers up at both ends, hopeful long shots at goal, supporters on the pitch. The stuff of dreams.

• The tension will get to everyone an AP will head butt their GK in the 5th minute and get sent off followed by a pitch invasion from our noisy faction

• I disagree - it's unlikely, yes, but we definitely have a cat in hell's chance! I think I'm right in saying we went up four places when we bear Doncaster at home two weeks ago (13th to 9th) so no reason the same can't happen today...

• @Midlander , when did you become so soulless? I have a theory, but will keep it friendly!

Of course it's very much against us, but we have some sort of chance on the last day. We'd all have taken that a few weeks back

I'd love there to be some "tension" that someone mentions, as that means it's still up for grabs late on!
    A lot will of course rely on Yeovil, Accy and Orient, and them putting some sort of last shift of the season/as a league team type performance in.

If a win could have got us in there and we don't win though, that'll be an absolute nightmare.