Skip to content

Sin Bins

being trialled from next season in lower tier football for dissent.

Seems a good idea in principle to me. There is no excuse for slating the referee even when he has made a mistake. perhaps this might help to stamp it out.

Comments

• It reminds me of when they tried having free kicks moved forward if there was dissent - as in rugby. The problem was it only happened if a yellow card was shown, which was rare. It still is rare, it's not often a player is booked for dissent, refs put up with a huge amount of abuse before they get a card out. That presumably won't change so the sin-bin will rarely be used, and will probably be a short lived novelty. I also think that the dissent shown by players these days is not as bad as it has been in times past. The thing that's got worse is the abuse the ref gets from the crowd. Is it really every ref at AP that has 'a shocker' ?

• I think every player on a yellow should have to hop for the rest of the game. There should be a set weight for refs. Video evidence for every decision and anyone who boos should be booed. All players should be made to re-tie their shoelaces before every kick-off, set-piece and corner. Drug tests on the pitch for everyone who gets one of them 'energy drinks' from the bench. No draws, all tied games to be settled by managers taking penalties. All sensible ideas that wll help the flow of the game I'm sure you'll agree...

• One of them "energy drinks " @Wendoverman? Tut tut!

• Love the hopping penalty. Pure Monty Python..

• Seems unfair to burden step 7 clubs with trying to figure out how to make this work.