Skip to content

anyone know what happened to Pierre

After we lost to Mansfield?

Comments

• I heard someone criticised his choice of Tesco meal deal.

• Banged his head on a knob. Fortunately no lasting harm done.

• Pierre who?

• I heard the same story @StrongestTeam. Nice to hear.

• @DevC , that#s probably your best ever line on this whole forum. well done

• I'm sure there'll be a glowing report about it by a local journalist.

• Do you think they're really that gullible @Wendoverman?

• He'll have had a "firm rebuke and warning about his future behaviour"

Translated as take this as a real severe lesson, the next time you get abused by a moron, simply walk away, or better still don't even put yourself in that position.

• I remember back to the Villa home game last year, Villa being in shocking form, couldn't even win at our place, and their absolute throng of morons shouting vile abuse at the players from a few yards away as they got on the coach.
    All watched by a fair few members of the rozz, who didn't even try and stop them.

• Sickening to hear fans chanting "If you don't want a headbutt shut your mouth" at the Doncaster game.

• Morons

• Is it really?

• Yes it is morons sadly

• @peterparrotface must have been a small number as we can usually hear the terrace quite clearly in the beechdean and I never heard that. Although it is sound advice. I am still confused, as I thought the innocent local journalists had met behind the scenes with the club and AP and settled the incident? Is that not the case? And if it is why are they still heckling?

• @Wendoverman I wasn't at the game so I can't answer

• 'Sickening to hear fans chanting "If you don't want a headbutt shut your mouth" at the Doncaster game.'
    Sorry @peterparrotface I thought from the post that you were??

• @Wendoverman sorry missed an "of" after hear

• @peterparrotface aha! But beware of fake news...that's the first I had heard of that. Perhaps other terraceites can confirm/deny? I heard a bit of booing drowned out by 'there's only one Pierre' having said that 'If you don't want a headbutt shut your mouth' is, as I said, quite sage advice.

• "There's only one Pierre" is a worthy chant but the musician manqué in me wonders how it scans without Aaron in front of Pierre. I've been rehearsing in the lounge and I can't make it work too well with surname only.

• Emphasize the last syllable;

'Pi-erre, there's only one Pi-erre, there's only one Pi-erre...'

• To the tune of 'Blue Moon' rather than 'Guantanamera'

How have you not heard it sung at games???

• Was on the terrace. No such chant that I heard. Some booing when the Pierre chanted started before game, but, refreshingly, the chant became louder as a result and also went for one round longer than the norm. Those around me expressed distaste for the boo boys.

• @micra I first heard that song sung by Celtic fans when Pierre van Hooijdonk was banging them in for them back in the day

• The Blue Moon rather than Guantanamera comment from@eric_plant is key. And,yes Eric, it comes back to me now. I'll warm up me vocal chords in good time for a wholehearted rendition a week on Saturday - if appropriate of course. (Just one more minor milestone to cross in the meantime!)

• I'm sure I heard some supportive Jakubiak chants...

• @Onlooker Also, we totally outfootballed Doncaster.