Skip to content

Lincoln Up

Nice Away...Home Game...Perhaps!!!

Comments

• Well done, I was there in 1988 when 9,432 people turned up to celebrate the championship with a 2-0 victory over Wycombe Wanderers at Sincil Bank. I think you surpassed that attendance today, good trip and away day.

• I'm hoping we won't have to play them even though Sincil is only 8 Miles away or so from me but 2 Points or not! Tough Call with all others lining up!! but who knows? Would love to think that my very rare visits to AP on the 6th due to distance these last 16 Years proves to be us or Cambridge for 6th!! Then onwards!! COYB

• edited April 2017

@M3G said:
    Well done, I was there in 1988 when 9,432 people turned up to celebrate the championship with a 2-0 victory over Wycombe Wanderers at Sincil Bank. I think you surpassed that attendance today, good trip and away day.

Not such fond memories for me. Took a direct hit from a bag of piss!

• @arnos_grove It was a bit intimidating on that terrace that day. I think I remember that!

• @M3G said:
    arnos_grove It was a bit intimidating on that terrace that day. I think I remember that!

I was up in the wooden stand until they kicked us out. Only place left was near the fence.

• Yes I was as well. They thought we would only bring about 200 but from my memory at least 3 times that amount turned up. The terrace was closed untill the police got involved. Crazy support from us in a game that meant nothing to us, just pleased we just about stayed up thanks to the Kelman revolution.

• Yes, wooden stand for me too; and then slung out because it was overcrowded and dangerous. Don't remember seeing a bag of piss, though, apart from the one I threw at someone...

• Friendly fire @Cyclops - I remember them slinging coins at us.