Skip to content

The Wanderer - Out this Saturday!

If you're driving to Adams Park this Saturday and see a Wycombe fan gesticulating at you, please get out of your car and go over to them - it's probably someone trying to sell you latest edition of The Wanderer, which will be available from the WWISC stand on Hillbottom Road, free to WWISC members and just £1.50 to everyone else.

We've got an interview with Matt Bloomfield, a tribute to Paul McCarthy and the story behind 'Wycombe Strong' as well as a bunch of other stuff.

No ifs or butts - it's the finest Wycombe fanzine in the land.

Comments

• Very nicely written, @Jonny_King . If The Wanderer is written as well, I'll be in for a copy.

Also, I'm getting a bracelet made that says WWAD, to help me in situations like this. Anyone else want me to get them one?

• The default answer being kick the ball somewhere in the direction of Akinfenwa?

• @HCblue Do they come in claret?

• Everything around me comes in claret thanks to this bracelet.

• If anyone has a paypal account and is willing to buy some extra copies of this edition, I would gladly pay upfront and tack some beer money on. I am stuck here in Vegas till I come over in mid-May, but they could be mailed to my parents in Hertfordshire.

• Do you have any Nigerian relatives, @Shev ?

• @HCBlue, yeah, we are a bit embarrassed by them though. They are always mucking things up financially and having to find foreigners to stash their 10 million. It gets a bit tiresome.

• Don't worry @Shev, it's getting sorted. Can you email the delivery address please?

• Fantastic, thanks Jonny! I will email you now.

• @Jonny_King Got my copy today. Really great read - well done and thanks a lot.

• @Jonny_King I'll second that. Particularly enjoyed the GPS tracker results and Press Box.

• Cheers @HCblue and @Vital! Glad you enjoyed them.

• @Jonny_King can I buy one over mail? Didn't see any wanderer sellers when I arrived albeit at 2.45.

• @Jonny_King As well as agreeing with @Vital, I thought the piece about the Coventry newspaper was a particularly top-notch bit of writing.

• @HCblue cheers mate. I wish I had done a bit more chasing up of the Coventry Telegraph, but it became rather clear that they weren't going to provide any further response.

@Midlander - I don't know what the actual official WWISC stance is on this. I'd suggest emailing your request to [email protected] and see what they say. Alternatively, there should be additional copies on sale for the Cambridge game if you're going to that one.

If you'd like to regularly get The Wanderer posted out to you then I'd strongly recommend joining WWISC, as you get all four copies a season and can have them posted out to you as part of your membership fee.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but hope that's useful.

• Just had an email from Teresa (WWISC committee) and there will definitely be more on sale for the Cambridge game. Also, there will be some on sale in The Swan pub in West Wycombe Village from Monday/Tuesday.

The WWISC members selling The Wanderer stay out as late as they can before the game, apparently they were still there at 2:50 yesterday. In case people are missing it, the stand is in the Righton carpark, between the two Origin buildings.

I made a bit of a rash claim when I said postage of your copy of The Wanderer is covered by your membership fee - it isn't. Sorry. But you can pay a slightly higher membership fee in order to have it posted, which is what I do. Then it's all taken care of for the season and you don't have to organise getting a copy posted out/paying for it four times a season. WWISC members who don't pay the extra still get a free copy, but have to collect it in person from the stand.

Thanks to the posters saying they enjoyed the edition. As I said in my editorial, my goal for next season is to increase awareness/readership, so please do spread the word and recommend it to your friends. I would also thoroughly recommend joining WWISC!

If anyone is interested in contributing to The Wanderer next season, please drop me a line on here or at [email protected]. This is open to anyone

Cheers!

• Another triumph @Jonny_King great fun to read. The @Shev article and the Coventry piece excellent stuff.

• Cheers @Wendoverman, much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed it!

• Would love copies of this but living in Somerset and too ill to get to games i wish i could get a copy as i feel i'm missing out.

• @robin Please see above - by all means get in touch with WWISC to see if they can get a copy sent out. It sounds like there are usually copies left over so I'm sure they'd be happy to get them out to fans rather than chuck them in the bin.

Your best bet is to join WWISC and pay to have them posted out to you - no more missed copies! This is what I do as a fellow exile.

• Cheers for that mate i'll look into signing up today.

• @robin Teresa says if you post your address and a cheque to WWISC for £8.50 to the WWISC club address (to cover the price of the fanzines and the postage) she'll send you all four issues for this season.

The address is 57 Alford Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 4PP

• You sir are a top man,cheers mate.

• No worries mate - all Teresa's doing. She's a legend!

• They turned up today cheers Jonny, i've read one it was a very good read and Teresa will send me a membership form in July.

• Brilliant! Cheers Robin, glad you enjoyed it and that they arrived ok.

• @robin Have you written off Jeremy's chances in June already?

• Read all 4 now Jonny at times i laughed out loud,looking forward to the next one. Onlooker that was funny but yes i have.

• Careful with your spelling Robin. Teresa May is a busty glamour model. And, if anyone's asking, it was in the news recently!

• Cheers Robin! Work has already begun on Issue 108.