Skip to content

Comments

• Will be interesting to see how GA sets up for this one. Given the poor return of points at home recently, (3 from 18?), he won't want to see a catastrophic start as we witnessed last Saturday. Giving Mansfield a 2 goal start would almost certainly end in defeat and probably an early exodus of some supporters from the stadium. My guess is he will want to keep it tight and "grow" in to the game, hoping to nick a goal from somewhere. Three points are more important than the performance/entertainment value given the current status, as such, I personally don't see anymore than one goal in the game?

• edited April 2017

@EwanHoosaami 1-0 tempted me, but if either side is one-up with half an hour to play, the other will surely throw caution to the wind.

I reckon there might be goals in this one.

• We're doing a ticket offer to try and boost the crowd and attract some new fans, which as we all know by now can only mean a terrible game and a 1-0 defeat. Plus I'm going and I haven't seen us win all season!

• I'm missing my first home game of the season so a free-flowing 5-0 win is a certainty.

• Ainsworth versus Evans is never going to be a festival of free flowing football is it?

Hope the M25 is flowing ok though tomorrow. We can't possibly start the same team as last Saturday and hope to get a win.

• edited April 2017

I'm expecting a free-flowing game of football filled with skill and finesse and a sizeable win. But then I always do.

• @Jonny_King Tenth game of the season for me tomorrow: 2 wins (Stourbridge and Newport), two draws (Luton, Plymouth), five defeats (Portsmouth, Spurs, Crewe, Carlisle, Crawley. Not great either! Perhaps we should both stay home.

• I'm still smarting from missing the Crewe home game...five goals?

• edited April 2017

Of the 19 Home League games I've seen this year I've seen 8 wins, 5 draws and six losses. And I can throw in Stourbridge. Does not look too bad written down like. Obviously, that does not take into account the quality of some of the footy involved!

• or rather six draws and five losses...which looks slightly better

• Have I missed the controversial thread about how what time we should kick off/wear black armbands considering it's the day John Wayne killed our Lord or is that soooo 2016?

• Yeah, whatever happened to Tory Goon? This was his tradition wasn't it?

• edited April 2017

2 games in 4 days, so which game will be ruck around with the lineup in?
    Maybe both.

Success will be even caring what lineup we play by Monday as we'll still have a chance of playoffs!

• Called it. Sadly.

• Hang on, you haven't seen us win all season?!
    How many games have you done?!?

• I'm at ten now: 2 wins, 2 draws, 6 losses.

Curse or cursed?

• Advanced warning to others: I'm going to Barnet on Monday so save your money if you've not already got your tickets.

• @Malone Yesterday was my 6th. I usually make about 12-15, but I've had terrible luck this season with work and other commitments falling on Saturdays, as well as falling foul of a few rearranged fixtures. Of all our south west away games (a key source of attendance for me) I've only been able to make two. To sum my season up, I was going to be able to get to the Cambridge game, but now can't because of the bright idea to make it a ****ing 5:30 kickoff.

• Unlucky stuff, and no doubt you haven't been helped by Torquay going down and Bristol Rovers going up.
    Add in Plymouth going up, and Newport still every chance of going down , and not the best!

That Cambridge game is going to be painful now. Guaranteed nothing to play for, and there dragging on further into the evening.

• Yeah, add the risk of Exeter going up and next season isn't shaping up too well for me either! I must admit I was struggling to muster much enthusiasm for the Cambridge game anyway, so I probably shouldn't complain. Hope that you'll get more joy from our remaining 4 games than I have from this season!

• Barnet away could have been one of those highlight trips of the season.
    Long weekend, very close game, chance of playoffs.

Instead I can't muster any enthusiasm for that one, let alone the others.

Unlucky anyone who thought Morecambe away might be a nice combo of weekend away and football extravaganza. The game will be damp as can be