Skip to content

Goalkeeping

I have been disappointed with Blackman , yes he has made some good saves, but has an awful habit of catching ball then pushing it back out . Our lads should have this Sussed kand be ready to get it away. More often than not, it's the opposition who get it back in.

Comments

• I don't think he normally pushes the ball out after catching it. He occasionally punches or scrambles the ball out but no Wycombe player could have got to the penalty save before Billy Waters, the penalty taker yesterday.

• Blackman's save before the first goal was world class and sadly the defenders watching it weren't.

Heard someone coming out the ground berating him for not catching the penalty save with even his friend trying to make him see sense. Harsh critic when even saving a penalty is seen as poor keeping.

Was yesterday the first time the same player has appeared on the back of the programme in both squad lists? And he didn't stand a chance of playing!

• I am sure Dev will research and confirm if he is not otherwise occupied on the train!

• The save just before the first goal was top drawer, and you can't moan at a keeper at saving a penalty unless it's a complete miss-hit.

He had a definite run of poor form after the spurs game, but recently​ he's been excellent.

• No need to research. It happens every time a loaned player returns to his parent club whilst on loan Of course, much of the time, the loaned player will be at a club in a lower division.

• Blackman has been excellent recently. Fair play to him for that. I feel like he must get so frustrated with the defence at times.