Skip to content

The Opposition View - Cheltenham

Comments

• Thought it yesterday and again after reading those comments. The Cheltenham fans were positively giddy yesterday despite giving up a 2-0 lead with a stupid sending off. I can only assume they've witnessed some awful stuff this season and it made me smile to see so many happy away fans compared to the anger and abuse being offered by those in the home areas.

Good luck Cheltenham. That attitude can only help.

• A point away at a supposedly play off chasing club when down to 10 is always going to be a bit more positive than a home draw against a relegation threatened team.

• They had good cause to smile (other than the obvious concern about one of their players - happily released by the hospital yesterday evening).

• How could their manager say our penalty was dubious. The ball was still 4 foot above the players heads when Thompson was bundled over. Much better to say fair dos our defender mistimed his challenge. For what it's worth both penalties were stonewall to me.

• Agree @Dickie there was no need for their striker to push Thommo anyway...and sadly not much need to for Harri to hack down their fellow either. Both avoidable but both nailed on I thought.

• Tbf, and I am only going on the video footage, it does look like Thompson was taken out by a sniper, compared to very little looking contact from the defender. I would have been livid if that was given against us.

Their pen looks like the ref was trying to evening things up a bit.