Skip to content

Match Report

Comments

• Apart from the very generous 6 for Wood, scores spot on.

• Woody did a lot of good work and hard running in the second half.

• I think it's a pretty accurate. Woody played okay if he had got the timing right on that one high ball that fell in front of him the keeper would have had no chance. Some might say he's should be connecting with those but they're notoriously hard to get right.
    When they went down to 10 we were still punting the ball long instead of using the extra man and I don't get those long marsh mellow soft throw ins from Thompson, yes they are long but I've never seen anything happen from one except an opposing defender clear it with ease.

• Wasn't it JJ taking those long throws? It's true me eyes ain't what they were.

• I'm pretty sure it's Thompson. JJ of course takes throw ins down the line his side but when level with the penalty box more often than not Thompson will come over take the ball

• @ micra I think JJ takes some of the throws into the box (from the left) unless my eye is deceiving me. He took the one at Accringeton from which Bayo scored the second a few weeks back.

• JJ took the throw in that Thommo scored from yesterday.
    If you are ever in doubt who's taking the throw if the ball stays in the earths atmosphere it wasn't Thommo. No idea why he takes them.

• Who put the cringe in Accrington @Cyclops? I'll leave Scunthorpe out of it for now.

• Sorry mate. My speling is awful.

• What puzzled me about Harriman in the second half was that time and time he received the ball with 40 yards of space in front of him, ran 10 yards, no one closed him down and he still booted it in the general direction of the area.
    This was right underneath Ainsworth's nose so either a) the manager and coaches were telling him to do that or b) they weren't and he was doing it of his own choice. Neither scenario are ideal.

• I bet it was a,still it could be worse like when Taylor was manager which was horrible to watch even worse than the shit tactics we play now. Sorry but our tactics are down to one man and that's Ainsworth who has been manager for long enough to improve our chances of promotion, how is the 5 year plan going by the way?

• Report of the plan here: http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/11744268.Ainsworth_looking_forward_to_five_year_plan/ .

Seems like it's gone reasonably well until this year when it looks like we'll fall short of the targeted playoffs.

It's not been pretty lately, and I share the frustration with some of the tactics, but I remember this time last year when we couldn't buy a goal and would spend ninety minutes watching Hayes and Thompson lose countless aerial challenges.

Ultimately, as a good number of mid-level premier league teams' fans would tell you, it's about results, not style, in professional football. Not many teams finesse their way out of this league...