Skip to content

Mark West's Thame United are Uhlsport Hellenic Premier League Champions

I'm really pleased that Westy, one of my all time favourites, has managed Thame to the league title this season. This afternoon they went into the last day level with Bracknell Town on 81 points, but with a worse goal difference of 7. Bracknell took the lead at home to Highworth Town in front of a big crowd of 703 but blew their chance and lost 2-1. Thame, meanwhile, cantered to a 9-0 win at bottom club Henley Town, Lynton Goss scoring six in front of 54. Presumably Thame will be accepted into the Evo-Stik Southern League, hopefully the Central Division and not the South & West.

Comments

• Wish one of our former greats could go on and manage at a higher level, then become Wycombe's manager. I never understood why Scotty didn't manage at a high level.

• Delighted for Thame, hope to see them climb up a few more leagues in the future.

• There's a very enterprising 15 minute video of a day out at both games, by two sets of friends: Reminds me why I like watching non-league football.

• Note sure that link works, try this:

• Is thame ground equipped for next step up. Heard a few years back it wasn't..

• Course it is - its brand new and aylesbury utd share with them and play in the league above !!!

• By Jove, it's Richie!

• @rmjlondon said:
    Course it is - its brand new and aylesbury utd share with them and play in the league above !!!

Believe it's because there is only one stand..Thame as they are new would need to erect another stand ..could be a different rule if you are already in league.

• Thame United tweeted today that they have been allocated to the Southern Central Divison next season, so will be playing derbies against the two Aylesbury sides. Earlier this week Westy and his management team "confirmed their commitment to the Club".

• They have a game between Wycombewanderers legends and Aylesbury United legends on the 21st May. I may pop down and watch the likes of Carol an d Stapleton who I have been told will be playing.