Skip to content

Bloomfield

Does anyone know how far Matt is off holding the record for most football league appearances for Wycombe? Seems certain to get a new contract considering his 5 goal haul and good performances this season.

Comments

• He must surely hold that record?

• Must be close between Bloomfield, Brown and Simpson. Maybe even Carroll? Bloomers has had a few long layoffs which may have reduced appearances a bit.

• Don't know about FL appearances, but I think he's now 10th in the club all-time League and Cup appearance list.

• Brown would be my guess

• Not Simpson.

I'd say Brownie. Ryan and Carroll would be top 5

• Based on Soccerbase stats, for league appearances only it's:

Brownie - 332
    Ryan - 299
    Blooms - 297
    Carroll - 277

• What a player Dave Carroll was.

• I always thought it was Keith Ryan but I suppose many appearances of his were made outside the league.

• I checked you site , Mindless, and found that's not the whole story. You are right for starting appearances (according to Soccerbase) . Include sub appearances though, and you get a different story

Senda 277
    Simpson 290
    Carroll 302
    Ryan 351

And the winner is...........................

Bloomfield beating Brown 374 to 371.

Looks like he took the lead away at Accrington.

Presumably Brown would still be ahead on minutes played......

• @MindlessDrugHoover Bloomfield has 374 league appearances for Wycombe (including sub appearances which are usually included in stats).

• And if would appear Bloomfield has now passed Steve Brown to be our record Football League appearance maker.

• Yeah, I wasn't sure if the figures in brackets were included in or additional to the total. Then again, Wikipedia gives a whole other set of stats.

• Well, anyway, he's played quite a few games. Thread closing? Probably not.

• I don't mean to be rude, but does 5 goals qualify as a "Haul" these days?

DOFL

• @Malone Compared to the rest of our midfielders, yes.

• Malone - are you Alan Hutchinson in disguise?