Skip to content

Scott Kashket return

Looks likely he will be in or around the team on Saturday. So what is the expectation? He was nothing short of phenomenal when he had his streak earlier in the season and our drop in league position has largely been put down to him being injured. But now he is coming back are we setting ourselves up for a real anti-climax or is he the real deal? Form or class? Also interesting to see how much pressure he puts on himself to reach the same standards of performance and scoring post injury.

Comments

• Easy for me to say but he just needs to relax. 20-25 minutes probably about right.

• He could easily get a goal in that time and that would really settle him!

• We shouldn't expect too much from him at the tail end of this season. He's been out a while and will possibly not play a single game at 100% fitness. The real test of whether he is class or was just going through an amazing streak will be next season.

• Class.

• Agreed @LX1.

• Double agreed @LX1 but it took him some time to get going...and will probably again. Great to have him back though...here's to him hitting the ground running with a hat trick
    saturday

• Would like to see him do it without the Beast alongside him.

• @mooneyman . Why on earth would you want the pain of seeing Thommo or Hayes up front with Kashket like that?
    We'd still pump it, and it'd be as effective as we saw for that dire 3months that saw off last season!

• @Malone - That is the point I am making, the Beast will not be around forever, and I am not convinced that Kashket will be anywhere near as effective with the likes of Thompson, Southwell and co alongside him.

• He'll be here next year though, and at our level, that's plenty far ahead!
    I wonder if any of our players would look as effective without such an unusual absolute one off like Bayo up there!

• @mooneyman er...call me a fool, but I'd like to see our top goalscorer playing alongside our other top goal-scorer. They'll be both be here next year won;t they?

• Unless anyone "comes in for them", yes.
    BTW "year" for "season " is becoming as common as "dinner " for "lunch " and "meal" for "main course". And answering every question with "so".
    I'd better go. I'm far too old to be on a high horse.

• @micra said:
    Unless anyone "comes in for them", yes.
    BTW "year" for "season " is becoming as common as "dinner " for "lunch " and "meal" for "main course". And answering every question with "so".
    I'd better go. I'm far too old to be on a high horse.

And 'less' when they mean 'fewer', whole worlds gone mad

• @perfidious_albion missing apostrophe alert, sorry.

• @woodlands said:
    perfidious_albion missing apostrophe alert, sorry.

Not the whole world then Woodie, well spotted

• I'm feeling silly. Username will love this. Full stop alert.

• Though I use "fewer" like a champ and enjoy making the distinction, it's a relatively new development: in my childhood, less was used widely and not seen as being done so incorrectly, iirc.

Also, missing capital letter alert for @woodlands . ("Missing apostrophe...")

• Also, missing speech marks alert around "less" in @HCblue 's first post.