Skip to content

Orient Manager Resigns

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39442801

Assistant has taken over until the end of the season.

Typical- hopefully no 'new manager syndrome' on Saturday!

Comments

• Appalling timing!!
    Just what we didn't need. Although hopefully being part of the old regime overrides the law of the new manager

• Don't think he was to blame for their position anyway, he just doesn't have any senior players to work with, and that won't change by Saturday

• I'm not sure it'll make much difference. The previous 3 manager changes this season haven't really worked.
    What a sad state of affairs at Orient.

• A sad state of affairs I hope will continue with three more points for us this weekend, before they make a valiant come-back (especially against Luton) in their last six games.

• I'm sure our normal generosity towards struggling teams will come into play again on Saturday. I'm predicting a 2-0 home win, but hoping instead that we are ruthless and put them to the sword.

• Orient were the team my late father supported so I have a great affection for the club. Very sad to see where they are now. But as you say we have get 3 points Saturday.

• Really hoping we keep the season alive over these next 2 games I'm missing!
    I dare say 6 points is the minimum if we really have any playoffs ideas.

• Does anyone know if Orient fan Tim Rice, who's worth a few bob I imagine 'is looking to get involved in the running of the club ? I know it's not always that simple but it would be sad to see such a lovely club go belly up .

• In the last four games Orient have scored 1 for and shipped 15 against, with no points. We have to keep that run going if we have a hope of the play offs. My niggling fear is that they won 0-4 the game before that and that is the team that will show up for their new manager on Saturday.

• It would be a tad embarrassing if we failed to win on Saturday.

But you have to have enormous sympathy with Orient fans. Let's hope they bounce back and relegation to the conference is as bad as it gets for them.

• If you are a ground buff like me you will love this. Its Brisbane road in 1967 as featured in a great british crime thriller called "The Robbery". Great shots in and outside during a match a good 7 minutes of footage and how wonderful Brisbane road was. Click the link below and forward to 43.10 mins. I don't think I have seen better! Golden age.

• @Glenactico , I wouldn't ever call failing to win an away game in league 2 "embarrassing". Especially when we've just put in an abject performance at home to a team only marginally less pony.

There's not a lot in it in league 2, and we're not good enough to win playing that badly.

• I'd say Notts County under Kevin Nolan have been massively "less pony ".

• @Mr67 Tim Rice is a Sunderland fan but Andrew & Julian Lloyd Webber are both Orient fans. I still think Barry Hearn has much to be guilty of.

I'm not that confident about the game on tomorrow but can't see how not winning is embaressing for anyone. You'd like to think the Orient players are fighting for pro contracts with other clubs if not promotion. Our players look like they've been planning their holidays for a couple of weeks.

• I don't see many games so must defer to those who do.

Do you really think our players look like they have been planning their holidays for weeks or is this just another attempt to be controversial in the vague hope of appearing clever but actually only achieving looking a bit of a knob-head.

• M3G great end of season bone hard grass free footage, enjoyed the movie as well!

• Andrew LLoyd Webber was supposed to be a super fan...but I assume like many other great knights of the realm, most of his money is resting in a foreign vault far away from HMRC.

• Notts was a very very poor performance so I would hope they would want to put that right. Need three points to maintain a realistic hope of Play-offs I think...

• Agree with your post Righty and all the many people I have spoken to since the game would probably also do so. Just one comment. Are you saying in your second paragraph that you are not confident that the match will be on?

• @micra Can't see any reason for the game to be called off. I just meant I haven't got as much faith as I probably should have that we will win. I don't think our players are on it at the moment. I worry a bit of the gnashing of teeth on Saturday night from those who think its a foregone conclusion we will win and win well tomorrow. I really hope it's the case but I'm just not confident of it.

But then I'm just a knob-head looking to be controversial. Seeing the team play a few times recently has no relevance at all.

(For the moderators - how do I report abusive posts? The flag function doesn't work and I can't see anything in the rules?)

• @Right_In_the_Middle : I see. The "on" slipped in as it were. It's just that someone earlier had suggested that the match might not have been on. No idea why!

• And I wasn't even posting blind. Not seen anything giving a reason why tomorrow might not happen. Unless we've been upgraded to the cup final due to Coventry not fancying it.

• No game against struggling opposition at their place is ever going to be easy...not that we made a game against struggling opposition at OUR place look easy either! If we get three points by hook or by crook we should be happy!

• Interesting that you should raise (by implication) the subject of home advantage. Even Matt Bloomfield, writing in the BFP, says "you expect to pick up most of your points at home". In fact no fewer than 12 League 2 clubs have picked up more or the same number of points away from home. Leyton Orient have picked up 10 at home and 22 away.

• Let's hope Andrew Lloyd Webber doesn't write a musical about Orients current woes that would be the final nail in the coffin

• @Morris_Ital A rarely glimpsed mad football owner who ends up destroying everything around him? Phantom of The Orient. A one-two-three- four...

• @Wendoverman lol Francesco and his Amazing Technicolor shitstorm

• I must admit I'm not particularly optimistic about tomorrow. A little unfair I think to say they've given up though. They just look tired and short of confidence. I really can't see GA letting them off the reins. I just think we'd end up looking even more clueless than usual.
    I'll go with @Gordon_Ottershaw and say a 2-0 home for the same reasons - our unerring ability to help out clubs at their lowest ebb.

Oh and @DevC - your earlier post was exactly what you are always complaining that @Right_in_the_Middle does to you!

• @bookertease - Regarding your final paragraph could Dev and Righty actually be the same person posting, a sort of Jekyll and Hyde character?

• @mooneyman said:
    bookertease - Regarding your final paragraph could Dev and Righty actually be the same person posting, a sort of Jekyll and Hyde character?

I have long believed this. Most likely the work of a 250Lb 4chan/b/tard living in his mom's basement in Reno. Either that or they are lovers, working out their frustrations in a way that doesn't leave blood on the carpet or stains on the sheets.