Skip to content

The Opposition View - Notts County

Comments

• Wondered what pies were but, if they can call red kites buzzards, I suppose they can call magpies pies. Fair comments though.

• Perhaps we should market the Red Kites as to be fair it is more interesting than the football.
    We could vote at half time on who our worst player was that half and strap a dead mouse to the top of their head second half. That should attract more Red Kites and make it more entertaining.
    What's not to like?

• With the amount of time the ball spends being launched into the air, I fear it's only a matter of time until the Kites figure it's too dangerous to fly over Adams Park, and bugger off somewhere else.

• edited March 2017

Have the Red Kites seen off the Partridges who used to fly in quite regularly but not seen so much now?

• Partridge shooting season runs from October to end of January. Most of last seasons crop have been killed for fun by now. Next years crop will be flying around in the early days of next season.

• @bookertease said:
    Perhaps we should market the Red Kites as to be fair it is more interesting than the football.
    We could vote at half time on who our worst player was that half and strap a dead mouse to the top of their head second half. That should attract more Red Kites and make it more entertaining.
    What's not to like?

Love it !

• Half time entertainment to be IQ test between a partridge and a random member of the Wycombe Yoof "Firm"?

When was the last time AP witnessed a 0-0 draw.

• 11th March

• @eric_plant said:
    11th March

Love it ! Still can't see what I'm typing though.

• I'll grant you the Blackpool game. The Blackpool game goes without saying. But apart from the Blackpool game.......

oops.

• I'm sure we could all go back and find out but what's the point? Why is this being asked?

Must be missing something.

• @DevC said:
    I'll grant you the Blackpool game. The Blackpool game goes without saying. But apart from the Blackpool game.......

oops.

Your idea for a half time IQ test between a Wycombe yoof and a partridge, may I suggest a third participant..

• Impossible my friend. I'm rarely there.

• We could set up a video link?

• Some might say that wouldn't affect the result

• Limits the entertainment factor a bit though, Morris, especially as I wouldn't be able to work out how to turn the video link on. Don't think you have thought this through at all.

• Do you remember the episode of "Have I Got News For You" where they used a tub of lard as a substitute for Roy Hattersley

• I do. They tried it again recently with a tory politician, was it a shoe?, and it fell rather flat. Same joke never funny second time around, I'm afraid. Must try harder.

• I did enjoy the description of Trump as a contemptible lump of lard though.

• I think HIGNFY has "jumped the shark" I saw Merton at the comedy store years ago and he was very good but lately

• What has Steve Hayes got to do with this......

You are probably right by the way.

Enough now.

• It was a handbag wasn't it? Was it for Andrea Leadsome?

• A haaaandbag? (With acknowledgment to Oscar.)

• Can't remember the actress's name.

• Margaret Rutherford?

• That's the one. Great character.

• Could do with Exeter nicking an equaliser against Mansfield.

• @Morris_Ital @micra I see you Margaret Rutherford and raise you Dame Edith Evans. (Wilde on A Level syllabus 1980...)

• Of course @wendoverman. Can't believe I muddled those two.