Skip to content

Comments

• Very generous scores for the three midfielders who were the worst players on the pitch by some distance.

• Such a negative report! You should get behind the team win lose or draw? When they were 16 unbeaten they were all heros now one loss in 6 and they are useless? So fickle!

• edited March 2017

Not so Dickie boy old chum...
    When you play in a manner so feckless and inept, the team & (manager in particular) deserve a rocket up their arse
    An ounce of criticism is worth a pound of praise...

• A poor performance generally deserves a negative report. Pretty normal really.

• Dickie DeH were you there? It was terrible. They are not a bunch of under 10's we have to be kind to but paid employees of a club we love. Apart from Myles Weston nobody showed up today. A disgrace and they all need to take a long hard look at themselves.

• Even the most die-hard optimist would be struggling to extract any positives from the team performance. Select few individuals gave a decent account of themselves, though generally we looked tired of mind, second to loose balls and struggled to find a tactic that didn't involve lumping the ball long towards Akinfenwa (who didn't have his best game, but battled on gamely).

Quite simply not good enough - failure to sort it out will spell serious trouble on the pitch and emptying stands off it.

• @perfidious_albion - Surely you can't be including Blackman in your description of "not turning up". He was the only player who deserved MOTM.

• I agree with @perfidious_albion. Also didn't think JJ did much wrong although there may be some who would criticise him for not being a particularly proactive captain.

• Give us a break Dickie. You certainly wouldn't be watching Wycombe if it wasnt for your brothers involvement. Just because you have a brother in the squad doesn't give you the right to preach to people who actually PAY to watch the rubbish served up yesterday.

• I am an optimist, but that was a very very bad day at the office. All the printers were broken, IT could not fix the virus on the mainframe and the toilets exploded. Bayo and Jamal the only ones really who escaped getting covered in ****!

• @micra said:
    I agree with perfidious_albion. Also didn't think JJ did much wrong although there may be some who would criticise him for not being a particularly proactive captain.

I meant @mooneyman of course.

• @mooneyman said:
    perfidious_albion - Surely you can't be including Blackman in your description of "not turning up". He was the only player who deserved MOTM.

Ok Blackman was fine although the goal was soft. Still feel Weston offered the only threat.

• @RichardDeHavilland I like the fact that the Vital match reports aim to be objective and as impartial as possible. Those that weren't at the game want to get a fair and honest account of how we performed, not a biased piece of pro-Wycombe propaganda. We all support the team, but if we were crap then the reports should say as such, it doesn't necessarily mean we're not behind them.

• Over two minutes of Sky 'highlights' yet the Weston penalty shout isn't shown, only thing I wanted to see again , baffled!

• Maybe the club pulled a few favours and got it pulled. Looked like a pretty disgraceful dive to me. He had a good game though.

• Max Mullers defending as Stead goes inside him, is truly comical. It's as if he's looking at a different ball !!

• It was Toyama Daiichi FC, apparently. Hope they weren't after tactical tips.

• @RichardDeHavilland Totally respect you being rightly defensive of your brother(?) but you need to have a bit of credibility that can only come with objectivity.

On the whole the posts are not singling out individual players rather a collective performance and that certainly includes the management/coaching team.

For whatever reason the team looks lacking in confidence and to a man are playing beneath their top levels. I, like many, feel it is because round pegs are being put in square holes. I hope that the players are doing as they are told when they are on the pitch otherwise something is really rotten.

Yes we have injuries but we also have very capable stand ins. Maybe Kashket excepted but we don't really know about Scott and whether his form was sustainable.

I wrote off the play offs after the Blackpool game. We needed momentum we certainly have not got that and others do. It's been a fun season regardless.