Skip to content

Scott Brown - League Papare interview re his future

Comments

• Of equal interest was a "related post" dated November 2015 (which appeared fleetingly at the end of the article re Scott Brown) concerning Paul Hayes' Achilles injury. It seems that he was already receiving intensive treatment for it, using equipment funded by the Trust. I read somewhere that recovery can take up to a year without surgery.

• I don't think it is betraying any confidences to write that I met Paul Hayes when in a box at the Carlisle game for my son's birthday. Nice man. If he was to be believed, his problem is a chronic pelvic condition that won't get better. Perhaps there is also an achilles injury...

Scott Kashket also came in. Gosh, he's tiny! Perhaps more worryingly than Hayes, he indicated that he too has a chronic pelvic condition. The things that make it worse are, apparently, training and playing so, as long as he doesn't play again, we ought to be able to look forward to him seeing out his full contract.

• That sounds like a jolly conversation @HCblue did you wish them well in their new careers not scoring goals for Wycombe Wanderers?

• Hayes was a very pleasant conversationalist. Kashket was perfectly courteous but extremely quietly-spoken: shy to what I would think of as a notable degree. For teh avoidance of doubt, I should make clear that I was overstating the position in re SK in the last post. There was no suggestion he would never play again. He's just a bit young to have a condition like this, which won't get better and will need "managing", ie. resting, for the rest of his career.

It was a very pleasant afternoon in the box, I must say. Pierre and Weston also visited. The former has apparently never lifted a meaningful gym weight in his life, which amazed me and made me very angry with the person who hands out genes at birth (and I wasn't very pleased with him anyway).

• Fairly worrying info there from @HCblue !
    Not just for us as fans of the club, but for two young men who presumably want to live full active lives after football!

Little bit of food for thought for those who criticise players for making moves for money, as it can easily slip away!

• Indeed. It's interesting to hear what the real state of play is with injuries. I feel very sorry for Kashket as a young man trying to live his dream. His game relies on nip and pace, doesn't it, and an injury like this is surely likely to take the edge off that...

• It did all seem too good to be true.