Skip to content

Team for Saturday

Having seen 4-3-3 fail to work in the last two games Saturday is the time to go back to 4-4-2 in my book. I'd get our best crosser at right mid in Harriman and get balls into the box. Weston on the left and the formation can get the best out of Southwell too.

Blackman
Jombati de havilland Pierre Jacobson
Harriman gape O'Nien Weston
Akinfenwa Southwell

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2017

@Midlander - Assuming Hayes is still on sick leave that is the team I would go for excepting PCH for Southwell. I know PCH's form has gone down but he is 10 times more likely to score than Southwell and we need goals against these lower teams. We cannot rely on the Beast as our only goalscorer.

• Strongly disagree that PCH is ten times more likely to score! It all comes down to how players are deployed. There are those who think that efforts are being made to turn Dayle Southwell into a defensive midfielder. I sincerely hope not!

• @mooneyman The stats for this season do show that PCH may be a little more likely to score, but only about 1.3 times as likely: Southwell 1 goal in 11 league appearances (9.1% strike rate); Cowan-Hall 3 goals in 25 league appearances (12% strike rate).

• This may be too simplistic, but haven'the our good results come when Scott has been playing, regardless of formations?

• edited March 2017

Good point

• It's not; they have. And don't forget there were a good few draws and single goal win margins. Scott was vital, a phenomenon.

• Isn't JJ now suspended having picked up a yellow on Tuesday? Maybe I am wrong but I thought he was on 9 prior to Tuesday

• I think he now needs to get 15 yellows for a suspension, the 10 yellow deadline was (thankfully) 12 March.

• Correct. Presumably 3 match suspension if he comtrives to rack up 5 more yellow cards by Easter Monday! But of course, as skipper, he will be on his best behaviour and setting an example to others!