Skip to content

Crucial period now

Next four games sees us play the teams currently in 20th, 21st, 24th and 22nd. Two of those matches are at home and one of them is only a short away trip to East London (Orient). Massive opportunity to stake our claim to a playoff place, time to really get behind the guys COYB.

Comments

• COYB! Believe!

• Difficult to believe after the rubbish served up in the last two games. But if can find any kind of form plenty of our rivals still have to play each other. Six wins and a draw out of last nine should do it.

• Is Kashket likely to return anytime soon ? he is the difference between play-off contenders and also rans.

• If we play like we did in the first half last night id of thought we would get 10points..........If

• @midlander, I wouldn't say we were "garbage" yesterday.
    If Plymouth hadn't equalised, i think we would all have come away pretty delighted. It's only now we think, hang on, we didn't overly trouble them. But they are 2nd for a reason

• We didn't win so we are garbage. What a simple world it must be to ignore all the nuances of the game. I thought Plymouth came in to the game in the last 30 mins and showed why they are near the top of the table.

• I thought we played well, weak links were bean and muller.........according to beans twitter hes injured now so hopefully saunders will get game time

• Hartlepool are in better form than us...

Last Five league Games

Hartlepool.........LWWLW - 9 points (Rank-6)

Wycombe...........LDWDD - 6 points (Rank-14)

Last Five League Games (Home)

Hartlepool......WDDWW - 11 points (Rank-3)

Last Five League Games (Away)

Wycombe............LLLDW - 4 points (Rank-20)

• Muller probably needs a few games back on the bench now. He's made a few rash decisions in the last couple of games that we've got away with.
    Him and WDH have a 10 game run now to show either can be a first choice next season.

• @malone @Right_in_the_Middle we were awful second half last night. I don't see too many games so you must have a differing view of our performances.

• @Midlander , that second line is probably the qualifier old son!
    We've seen some absolutely awful performances, so yesterday didn't get near the peak of those!

• First half was pretty good...second half plot lost. Too many second balls not chased, whereas Argyle were onto every loose pass or rebound.

• @Midlander How about Plymouth in the second half? It wasn't all down to us being 'awful' that bought them back in to the game was it?

Having said all that just one properly weighted pass from Bayo out of the five or six he over hit and we win the game. Not bad for an awful performance against the side second in the league.

• Or Gape's free header being anywhere other than straight at the keeping. Or WDH's back heel not being well saved.

We weren't too far off winning

• Bayo was a little off last night, played loads of overhit balls, which isn't like him

It is disconcerting how often the ref will ignore him being grappled, tugged and generlaly fouled in a sort of "well, what are they meant to do" sort of way

• @Right_in_the_Middle we invited Plymouth to play much better than they did in the first half. We should have gone for a second as their defence was there for the taking. Instead we went ultra defensive and paid the price.

• Interesting in the 2nd half the ref measured out 10 y for a free kick against us and we were standing about 11.5 y and he made us move. Every free kick for them were 1 man stood in the way he let him stand where he wanted.

• Needs to be a minimum of 9 points from those 4 to keep us in the running. And even that would leave us havin to win at least 3 of the final five against Mansfield, Barnet, Doncaster, morecombe & Cambridge.

• I think playoffs are probably not going to happen this year again, but Ainsworth is a man of surprises.

• One team usually emerges from mediocrity to make a late surge. Wimbledon did it perfectly last year to even get promoted.

Let's hope it's us.

2 home draws hasn't helped at all though, as a lot of us were making a big thing out of 7 of the last 11 at home.

Next 4 against low teams is the next "positive spin"

Saw Hayes all suited up yesterday. I wonder how close he is.
    But way more importantly, Kashket, and Saunders being up to starting games

• all this analysis seems a little overcomplicated to me

we just looked really leggy as the game went on. A result of a small squad who've played a lot of games probably

We played well first half, and were by miles the better side