Skip to content

Comments

• Minor thing but in goalscoring stats Jacobson's goal was a penalty (v Yeovil).

• @Midlander So it was!

Thanks, duly amended.

• Is it just me or whenever I see the name Myles Weston I always think 'oh, yeah. Forgot about him'.
    I think its safe to say that apart from Spurs and Plymouth he has had a totally forgettable season at Wycombe.

• Two pretty memorable moments to be 'apart from's' though.
    Both would be well up there in my favourite moments of this season.
    I still have to double check his first name if I'm honest though.

Seems to be pretty unlucky with injuries but then again our style of play certainly finds out anyone that isn't totally robust. I had thought Pierre and Stewart were indistructable until recent weeks and even they have finally been broken by our style of play and ludicrous run of midweek away trips.

• He also had a spell out due to the birth of his kid. Something that does not normally spell missed games but hey ho.
    The club policy relating to secrecy surrounding injuries makes it hard to judge whether we have signed Terry Butcher or Daniel Sturridge in all fairness.

• The frustration for fans surely outweighs the "advantage" of concealing information about injuries from the opposition. Not knowing whether key players are ready to return may well deter some people from attending matches. Reading that 6 or 7 of them are injured must make "occasionals" less inclined to make the effort.

• We have a long history on this. Poor old Gavin Grant's cold looks like keeping him out for 2 decades.

• I particularly think that there's no point concealing an injury if a player is out for a long time, like it appears Anthony Stewart may be. All it does is create an environment where rumours can swirl. It's a very frustrating policy which really makes a mockery of the 'One Wycombe' mantra.

• And Gavin Grants cold is the exact reason the club should be more open now.

I'm pretty sure that people within the League Two bubble know far more about the injuries that our players have than is public knowledge and this removes any competitive advantage and just treats fans with contempt.

• JJ will need to avoid getting a yellow tomorrow. That would bring him to 10 and a 2 match suspension. Not sure if a second yellow tomorrow would result in a one match suspension (as it did at Colchester). More likely 2 or more.
    Sunday is the cutoff

• Interesting @micra. There's an argument then not to play him and risk an extra match's suspension, especially if Blackpool target him knowing he'll be less robust in the tackle. Though on the other hand a back four of Jombati, WDH, Muller and Harriman is as weak as it gets against in-form opposition...

• It would be a minimum of 2 but I don't know how many matches it would be for a second two yellow red card.

• I think JJ will be vital for both of our games this week, so it's a conundrum. GA might have to risk him tomorrow for the result and hope he makes it through for Tuesday. I would rather risk Woody at left-back and either bench Harriman or push him further up, but Woody has been decent for us recently as well. Going to be an exciting few days!

• If Jacobson is sent off for two bookings tomorrow it will be a two match ban.

• Thanks for that @Midlander. Fingers crossed then!

• Thank god for Blackmans penalty save in the 87th minute, that idiot on twitter calling him flappy hands is quiet today.

• Blackman is a liability, he has to go. It would have been much better with Scotty Brown in goal......hee hee

• Here's my ramblings.Blacks had an outstanding game add a world class save to the pen.
    I thought we ran out of ideas in the second half and you could see Blackpool were full of confidence.
    PCH had a good game produced our best chance.
    Muller had mixed fortunes I didn't blame him for the penalty their man was a handful all afternoon and he does seem to able to deliver a ball although for a big guy he didn't seem head the ball with authority and that's a must for league two.
    Dayle and Bayo were quiet. Woody was okay. Luke needs to concentrate on his football which has been excellent earlier this season and not the dark arts

• Unless i'd drifted off, wasn't the guy pulled down for the pen a fairly late sub?
    Thought he'd handled it beforehand too, and went down too easily, but could be wrong on all of the above

• I could be wrong.. age

• Did the ball cross the line? Phil Catchpole reckons we got away with one there.

• I have to say I think Blackpool let Wycombe off this afternoon. They seemed well on top in the second half but, instead of really pressing to make their advantage count, kept delaying things and taking as long as possible over goal kicks and stuff. If they had showed more urgency they may well have got a result.

• @Malone said:
    Unless i'd drifted off, wasn't the guy pulled down for the pen a fairly late sub?
    Thought he'd handled it beforehand too, and went down too easily, but could be wrong on all of the above

100% correct Malone on all counts

• Have a look through the highlights on Sky website...ball pretty clearly over the line for the first Blackman save. Thought we played ok but need something else up front, don't think Southwell is the saviour unfortunately. Probably a decent point in the end.

• Two minutes of highlights and over twenty seconds of them is spent on the period between a shot going wide and Blackman going and getting the ball for a goal kick. Thrilling game.

It's pretty hard to tell from that angle whether the ball is over the line isn't it?

• Pretty frustrated to see all the nonsense positivity from the manager, fans and players after that.

We were absolutely awful against a Blackpool side there for the taking.

That game provided confirmation we will not make the play offs. There was absolutely no intelligence or guile about the performance. Lump it up to Bayo, oh their defence is well in control of him, let's lump it up again to him. The lack of a plan B absolutely baffling. The last half hour was particularly dreadful. The players looked so unfit, dead on their feet. This was a game we needed to win and the lack of any kind of urgency was staggering.

In the end we got away with an undeserved point but it won't make any difference at all.

• That is quite a write-off @Midlander.

• Worth noting that once again, after a few of us kicked off about it on this message board, the club gave us an update about the injury situation. I'm glad the media team do read the comments here and they help persuade GA to be a bit more open and the injury situation. But as we know, things do quickly slip back into opacity. It would be good to be a bit more consistent with the injury updates of possible. But thanks Matt and team for getting us the update about Anthony Stewart.

• It seems like it's their policy only to reveal such news when it's incredibly obvious. Like when Jombati was seen with a protective boot at an away game, and similar with O Nien last year,
    On Saturday Stewart was seen with protective gear on as well, so it's quite hard not to release the info then.

Someone give @Midlander a hug. Although we do need an incredible surge to get what is clearly about a 6 club scrap for the last play off place.
    Some irritant will point out that we're "Only" 3 points from the place, but we all know with so many clubs in the mix, we'll need a run, and we look a bit shot away still.

Not to mention Plymouth in a bit of a grudge game on Tuesday.

Saunders worries me. Is he going to be match fit by the end of the season?

• not sitting on the bench every game he isnt !..... anyway he'd be far too creative for us