Skip to content

Who's that team we call the Wycombe

Could someone please tell me the last line of this song as Ibe been struggling to make it out for the past few games!!

Comments

• Who's that team we call the Wycombe
    Who's that team we all adore
    We're the boys in light dark blue
    Who the f*****g hell are you

Then the last line has had 2 alternatives....

And Winkleman's mother is a whore.
    Or
    Tell Rovers that Irene is a whore.

• pretty nasty stuff

• RobRob
    edited March 2015

No wonder I couldn't work them out. I have follow-ups then, who is Winkleman? Irene is obvs

• Winkleman is the chap who took the Dons to MK
    In your original post how come our former player now at Liverpool gets a name check?

• Ok, did know that but didn't associate it, doh.

Because I love him.

• Ibelieve you Rob.

• When did Wycombe get rid of "sky blue" to become "light blue" anyway?

• We are sky blue sometimes, "Gareth Ainsworth's Sky Blue Army".

Also I think it is "light/dark blue" when written as "light dark blue" is just normal blue.

• used to be Martin O'Neill's sky 'and' blue army didn't it? Of course the pedants would argue it's Cambridge blue anyway, which is not quite the same as sky blue

• & in fact the Oxbridge analogy is incorrect as Cambridge blue is more of a duck egg blue (Pantone references supplied upon request)

• Perhaps using the internet code number for the colour might add a modern twist to the song.

• The Magnetic Fields have a song with the lines "It's making me blue/Pantone 292". However the rest of the song is not a potential football song.

• I didn't ever sing an "and" in the Martin O'Neill version

• actually pantone 292 isn't far off it but being pedantic we're Ainsworths 2915c and 543c army or 77, 182, 227 and 0, 50, 99 if you're using RGB

I'm really sorry but I've given up smoking and have to do something !

• crabbie, perhaps using the numbers isn't such a good idea after all.

• Yeah it's not really catchy though I'd like to see the terrace give it a go